PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Impressively horrible battery life (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=67677)

mstevens 05-06-2009 12:55 PM

Impressively horrible battery life

I must say I'm truly impressed. I took my Touch Pro off the charger at about 0715 this morning. It's now 1245 and the battery is nearly dead. I synced my drug database (about 45 seconds online), did a few minutes of RSS reading in a meeting, and went online to the WiFiMonster website and downloaded and installed the latest cab. That's it. No phone calls, no Facebook, no streaming music or video, no GPS use. The device has been switched on for a total of about 50 minutes in the 5 1/2 hours since it was fully charged, and it certainly wasn't transmitting or receiving data for most of that time. No push email, no email checking, nothing should be polling the GPS.

I'm running the stock Sprint ROM on an unlocked phone with the Telus 1.04 radio. Things were about the same with the shipped radio and the Sprint 1.11 radio. Very frustrating.

phillyboi6829 05-06-2009 12:59 PM

Re: Impressively horrible battery life

have you tryed any of the battery tweeks ?

entwined82 05-06-2009 01:32 PM

turn the backlight down, run a few registry hacks for the battery. Thats what I've done and I can go on one charge for 2 days of light use, 1 day for heavy use.

The most important part is to get a good first (and for me, second) charge on a battery. I drain it to 0, charge full, drain to 0, charge full, and then use it naturally at that point, charging if I go below 30%.

Laos101 05-06-2009 01:33 PM

Also, a rom like MIGHTYROM will make sure certain things are not running that will suck battery, and generally increase efficiency

To ask, is your BT, WiFi, BEAM, and other features on? (Besides Cellular Radio + GPS)

freeza 05-06-2009 01:55 PM

Yeah, the battery life of these devices is abysmal....

Lat 05-06-2009 02:15 PM

Flash a Juicy or a Mighty, and it'll be impressively less horrible :)

piranah 05-06-2009 02:22 PM

are your programs closing when you X them out, or are they running in the background? you might want to check your task manager setting, and make sure its set to close the program when you X it out, instead of letting it run in the background.

and to mirror what others have said, a custom rom is the only way to go on these devices...

hyakku 05-06-2009 02:28 PM

Wait your battery is dying in four hours? Well you are on stock rom b ut that never happened to me even on stock rom.

I don't know why people don't flash to juicy or mike's rom and just throw in the fast charge to usb edit. Would make things a whole lot easier, but if you can try to get someone elses tp battery and test it in your device because that shouldnt be happening.

jmorton10 05-06-2009 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by entwined82 (Post 899169)
I can go on one charge for 2 days of light use, 1 day for heavy use.

2 days??????

Sorry, but I find that VERY hard to believe. I have three TP's, all running Mighty 4.16 with the same battery tweaks as everybody else, & I don't think I could get two days out of a battery if the phone was in standby with the screen off the whole time.......

I deal with it by having a fully charged spare 1500 Seidio battery in my pocket at all times, & plugging my phone into a ProClip that charges it whenever I am in my truck.

I also have a charging cradle on my desk at work that charges the phone & a spare batt simultaneously.

~John

ESsprint 05-06-2009 02:38 PM

I think its crazy that you unlocked but didnt change roms. Also make sure you are fully closing programs.