PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2009, 09:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Cricket

dkranes is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Impressively horrible battery life

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevm14 View Post
But I still don't understand the data disconnect one...I could never answer a phone call properly with that one.
I'm using diamond tweak to set the data disconnect at 1 minute. Haven't had issues answering calls since making that change.

I think part of the reason we all get different issues might be that we're all running such wildly different configurations. Yeah we all start with the same hardware (except the poor Verizon guys), but everyone lives in a different part of the country, most are on custom ROMs in various states of development, most have a multitude of tweaks, apps and registry edits, etc. etc. Hard to say that something which works well for me would work well for anyone else. So much is trial and error....but that's part of the fun too. For me at least.

As for the guys getting 2 days out of a charge - I'm inclined to believe it. Now 2 days with heavy use? That is stretching the limits of my imagination a bit. But I'm sure stranger things have happened. Again going back to what I said earlier if you have a great signal chances are your battery will last significantly longer than those of us on the fringe of a signal.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

kevm14 is keeping up the good workkevm14 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by muyoso View Post
Yea, starting the phone is a little bit annoying. I meant to try and fix this for while. I think that if you change your screen dimming time and making it a little longer it might work well. Testing it now. BTW, i nuedynamicclock at 528/256/19.2/19.2.

EDIT: Went ahead and just disabled the "After system is idle for" setting in nuedynamicclock. I don't think it will make that much of a difference on battery life. It boots up completely normally now.
I tried that but it still didn't work right. I settled on 256MHz after 5 seconds. The next setting, backlight, seems to kick in when the display goes to that half brightness setting, just before standby. 19.2 was WAY slowing down the boot time because it would enter that backlight state before it was done booting. So I set that to 122Mhz. Then with standby at 19MHz, answering the phone was too slow, so I set it to 61MHz. I am happy with these settings now. 528/256/122/61.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Sprint

kevm14 is keeping up the good workkevm14 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkranes View Post
I'm using diamond tweak to set the data disconnect at 1 minute. Haven't had issues answering calls since making that change.
Stock sprint rom with telus radio and the usual tweaks.
Old 05-08-2009, 12:06 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Metro PCS

YouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to YouMayLose

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceo View Post
Yeah I agree. These guys that chime in on battery threads and say days of use are full of crap. No freaking way unless the phone was turned off. Actually HTC Winmo devices are so bad with power management that I would even bet you cant get a battery to last for 24 hours even if you turned the phone totally off.
ill take that bet... u live in dfw, texas... ill let u keep my phone for 24 hours and u can report back that i still have pleanty of battery life left.

dkranes... i get pretty good signal metropcs is my carrier and i rarely if ever leave my coverage area so i tend to have half plus bars rarely go below that for longer than seconds... it jumps up as soon as it drops below a bar or so to full bars.
Old 05-08-2009, 12:31 AM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

how is the service at your place of work? service sucks at my job and my battery will be down to 40% within a few hours just because the radio is working so hard to get a signal. thus i put it in flight mode and use it as an mp3 player. i can usually get through the whole day, music off and on, with the battery at abot 50-60% by the time i go home. i turn wifi on occasionally but never leave it on unless im using it. i dont text or talk on my phone at work so i dont need the radio on.
Old 05-08-2009, 12:34 AM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouMayLose View Post
ill take that bet... u live in dfw, texas... ill let u keep my phone for 24 hours and u can report back that i still have pleanty of battery life left.

dkranes... i get pretty good signal metropcs is my carrier and i rarely if ever leave my coverage area so i tend to have half plus bars rarely go below that for longer than seconds... it jumps up as soon as it drops below a bar or so to full bars.
my vogue lasted a week on 1 charge when new while in flight mode when i was in mexico last year...
Old 05-08-2009, 12:52 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

muyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlin View Post
how is the service at your place of work? service sucks at my job and my battery will be down to 40% within a few hours just because the radio is working so hard to get a signal. thus i put it in flight mode and use it as an mp3 player. i can usually get through the whole day, music off and on, with the battery at abot 50-60% by the time i go home. i turn wifi on occasionally but never leave it on unless im using it. i dont text or talk on my phone at work so i dont need the radio on.

What radio are you using? I have terrible signal at my house. I frequently go from EVDO with 0 bars to 1x to roaming, so about as bad of signal as you can get. I am using the Telus radio and it gives me great battery life despite the terrible signal.
Old 05-08-2009, 01:18 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

pro@this is a n00b

honestly look @ the size of the battery.. its a battery ment for a startac motorola, or som cheap @ss nokia phone. it has way to many features. longest batt life i had is about hr n a half.
Old 05-08-2009, 08:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: tp
Carrier: sprint

sde780 is just getting started

juggalox rom, i can go almost 3 days standby. evdo area, okayish signal. that was the best ive got. with use, at least a day

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro