PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2009, 02:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Verizon

entwined82 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularentwined82 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularentwined82 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Impressively horrible battery life

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
2 days??????

Sorry, but I find that VERY hard to believe. I have three TP's, all running Mighty 4.16 with the same battery tweaks as everybody else, & I don't think I could get two days out of a battery if the phone was in standby with the screen off the whole time.......

I deal with it by having a fully charged spare 1500 Seidio battery in my pocket at all times, & plugging my phone into a ProClip that charges it whenever I am in my truck.

I also have a charging cradle on my desk at work that charges the phone & a spare batt simultaneously.

~John
I charged Monday at 2PM. Its wednesday, started charging at 1PM.

Heres what I've done to my TP.

Every battery/performance hack (including juicy's polling fix, increasing cache, etc), remove keyboard lag, turn down backlight, flashed telus radio 1.04 or whatever, run nueclockcontrol at 256, installed nuepower/battery..thats all I remember right now.

Daily usage of the phone varies but lets say I talk for one hour or so, send about 75 text messages, probably receive the same. I have it set to check two gmail accounts every 4 hours. Occasional internet usage for ESPN to check sports scores. Maybe 15 minutes of internet usage per day.

If I'm texting nonstop naturally my battery will drain but like I said, light to moderate use and I'm getting about 2 days.
Old 05-06-2009, 02:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

entwined82 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularentwined82 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularentwined82 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

also like I said on page 1

The most important part is to get a good first (and for me, second) charge on a battery. I drain it to 0, charge full, drain to 0, charge full, and then use it naturally at that point, charging if I go below 30%.
Old 05-06-2009, 02:51 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

hmm...i've had various pros and never got 2 days. with no calls or anything i can get a day.
Old 05-06-2009, 02:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

I think the biggest thing is nueclockcontrol at 256. Before that I got about one day. I find running at 256 constantly is a nice way to prevent standby from draining the entire battery.

It is pocketpc/winmo so as always YMMV but this is my experience.
Old 05-06-2009, 02:56 PM
College ROM Teacher ESQ
Pocket PC: College ROM iphony Killer
Carrier: $print

piranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to piranah

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwined82 View Post
I charged Monday at 2PM. Its wednesday, started charging at 1PM.

Heres what I've done to my TP.

Every battery/performance hack (including juicy's polling fix, increasing cache, etc), remove keyboard lag, turn down backlight, flashed telus radio 1.04 or whatever, run nueclockcontrol at 256, installed nuepower/battery..thats all I remember right now.

Daily usage of the phone varies but lets say I talk for one hour or so, send about 75 text messages, probably receive the same. I have it set to check two gmail accounts every 4 hours. Occasional internet usage for ESPN to check sports scores. Maybe 15 minutes of internet usage per day.

If I'm texting nonstop naturally my battery will drain but like I said, light to moderate use and I'm getting about 2 days.
thats the reason, your running 256 on the clock control.

Help Me Help You
Old 05-06-2009, 02:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

pastafarian is keeping up the good workpastafarian is keeping up the good workpastafarian is keeping up the good work

Run the battery tweaks and/or switch to a custom rom, but don't expect miracles. If you're fortunate to stay well within a strong signal area throughout your day, you may end up with acceptable battery life. OTH, if you go in and out of roaming or evdo coverage, this phone can chew through a battery like no ones buisness. If I forget to turn off the radio while going under the river into Penn Station, it will cost me ~10% bat life in ~ 7 min. My best advise? Get a second (or third) battery and a charger. You can often get a battery for free if you go into a Sprint repair center and complain poliitely about the suck *** battery life and a combo wall/usb battery charger can be had off ebay for ~$10-$15 with a cheap aftermarket battery that you may not want to use. If you want to feel better about the TP's battery life, befriend someone with a G1.
Old 05-06-2009, 02:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by piranah View Post
thats the reason, your running 256 on the clock control.
Yeah I've found the performance feels the same at 256. Below that I had some stuttering and extra lag in TF3D but 256 is the sweet spot for me.
Old 05-06-2009, 03:09 PM
College ROM Teacher ESQ
Pocket PC: College ROM iphony Killer
Carrier: $print

piranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to piranah

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwined82 View Post
Yeah I've found the performance feels the same at 256. Below that I had some stuttering and extra lag in TF3D but 256 is the sweet spot for me.
thats good...i had some issues with the phone not ringing running that control number, but i switched roms so ill see if i can get it working now
Old 05-06-2009, 03:34 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
2 days??????

Sorry, but I find that VERY hard to believe. I have three TP's, all running Mighty 4.16 with the same battery tweaks as everybody else, & I don't think I could get two days out of a battery if the phone was in standby with the screen off the whole time.......

I deal with it by having a fully charged spare 1500 Seidio battery in my pocket at all times, & plugging my phone into a ProClip that charges it whenever I am in my truck.

I also have a charging cradle on my desk at work that charges the phone & a spare batt simultaneously.

~John

i'm surprised i got 16 hours with the phone mostly in standby yesterday LOL and it was on 17% after those 16 hours.
Old 05-06-2009, 04:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Alltel

Rourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I'm at 14 hours right now off the charger. Having made about 10 minutes of phone calls, 20 or so minutes of browsing/tethering for speed tests, and shooting off around 40 text messages, I'm sitting at 80% battery life. Granted, a lot of that time was also standby with the screen off, but still... I'm okay with that performance. If possible keep data/bluetooh/wifi off when not in use, dim your screen a bit, and seriously consider one of the cooked ROMs that specifically addresses battery life.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro