PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Switching from MetroPCs to Sprint (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=67661)

emartinez13 05-06-2009 11:22 AM

Switching from MetroPCs to Sprint

Hello all, I have an Alltel branded Touch Pro and for the past few days i've been thinking about getting "real" phone service and switching from metropcs over to Sprint. I've spoke to 2 different reps and they ran my esn and they said I could put my alltel tp on their service with no problem. I guess my questions here are...

1. Do I have to relock my phone and should I flash a stock Sprint rom on to it or put an original alltel rom on it since its an alltell phone?

2. Should I not mess with anything and just bring it to a sprint store so they can do whatever they need to do to it?

My main concern with whatever I do is that since i'm on metro i have crappy 1x speed internet and have never had evdo, is setting up the evdo on the phone something I can do (epst settings?) or something they have to do?

Thank you all for any input.

tc32brat 05-06-2009 11:37 AM

Re: Switching from MetroPCs to Sprint

sorry I don't have an answer...but I would like to know. I would say go back to stock everything. Then again, I don't think I would go to sprint. You should be paying less with metro pcs. I know you are getting crappy internet speed, but i wonder if there is anyway to help it get better. Sorry I don't have a good answer for you

emartinez13 05-06-2009 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tc32brat (Post 898953)
sorry I don't have an answer...but I would like to know. I would say go back to stock everything. Then again, I don't think I would go to sprint. You should be paying less with metro pcs. I know you are getting crappy internet speed, but i wonder if there is anyway to help it get better. Sorry I don't have a good answer for you

I am paying less with metro right now..paying 109 after taxes for two phones for me and my wife, and with sprint with a shared plan i'll be paying like 135 or so, i'll miss the unlimited minutes but I really need a good "fast" data plan and this one will be unlimited. I'm getting a business going and I want to use tethering with a laptop since i'll be mobile so I can't wait for metro's slow internet. A guy i know at metro said they're getting a 4g LTE network sometime in the future but I just can't wait. Thanks for the reply.

orionsbuckle 05-06-2009 12:32 PM

lol yes i believe sprint is definitely your best choice ive you are looking for a shared plan with unlimited data.

entwined82 05-06-2009 01:37 PM

Look into Everything Plus Family.

It gives everything you need plus 1600 minutes for $110 a month plus taxes/fees. The price will be VERY close to metroPCS then.

As far as the switching phone to the new carrier I can't offer you help there but I'd say call Sprint up and explain your situation, minus the talk of the flashed custom roms heh. You may need to speak to someone higher up to understand the situation you're in but someone should be able to help.

djsonar 05-06-2009 02:03 PM

I change one of my pros to sprint
over the phone they took care of everything
you dont have to go back to stock
but you will need a carrier cab.

emartinez13 05-06-2009 03:51 PM

Perfect, this is exactly the answer i was looking for. I've seen sprint carrier cabs on here so I know that won't be a problem. Thanks alot! I was just mainly concerned with how I would get the internet set up on it, but I guess thats what the carrier cabs are for, from what I understand.

Quote:

Originally Posted by djsonar (Post 899243)
I change one of my pros to sprint
over the phone they took care of everything
you dont have to go back to stock
but you will need a carrier cab.

Talon Pro 05-06-2009 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by entwined82 (Post 899180)
Look into Everything Plus Family.

It gives everything you need plus 1600 minutes for $110 a month plus taxes/fees. The price will be VERY close to metroPCS then.

As far as the switching phone to the new carrier I can't offer you help there but I'd say call Sprint up and explain your situation, minus the talk of the flashed custom roms heh. You may need to speak to someone higher up to understand the situation you're in but someone should be able to help.

1500 mins, NO data. That plan w/data is 129 :)

However i just got the Family Talk/Test plan w/3 lines and FREE data on all :) So, ill pay $125 for the plan and Airave mins on one line.

entwined82 05-06-2009 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Talon Pro (Post 899637)

However i just got the Family Talk/Test plan w/3 lines and FREE data on all :) So, ill pay $125 for the plan and Airave mins on one line.

No, I'm talking about Everything Plus, the SERO replacement service. Its 1600 minutes with unlimited data/text/etc. Google it for details.

emartinez13 05-06-2009 07:33 PM

Can anyone tell me how wifi compares to evdo in terms of speed? Just kind of curious since I plan to tether. Another thing i'm confused about is sprint sells a plan or something for tethering, but can't you just do that with wmwifirouter or something like that and not get charged for doing it? I mean, how do they know if your phone is using the data or if its being used by a laptop? or do I have it all wrong? Im just used to metro, pay same amount every month, no bill just a text to ur phone saying how much you owe and thats it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Talon Pro (Post 899637)