PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2009, 10:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

mikenerd is keeping up the good workmikenerd is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
My Touch Pro Mod - Stick on Bezel

I have never been thrilled by the TP's flat face. After trying 4 or 5 screen lock programs and feeling like they had missed the mark for me, I reluctantly bought a hard case as I could not find a stick on bezel. It was not to protect the phone as much as it was to get a raised bezel, around the screen, to keep it from getting pushed when it turned on or rang in my pocket. It did the trick but it was bulky and a pain in the butt to take off. So, when I decided last night to order the bigger 3000mah battery I didnt know what I would do to protect my screen. I dont think there are any hard cases for it and even if there were it would rival my netboot in thickness. Again, I searched for a stick on bezel and could not find such a product. Thus, I decided to undergo case surgery. It turned out very well IMO and I thought I would share. It is pretty easy and very inexpensive. I think some who just want a bit more protection for their screen or folks who might not want to use a screen lock app may want to try it. I am now going to use some sort of invisashield to protect the buttons and chrome.

The case i used is $7 shipped from cell phone shop.com

http://www.cellphoneshop.net/touchprosnap.html

All I did was cut the top piece, with a sharp razor knife, leaving just the bezel. It was a bit of trial and error but after a few minutes I figured out the best approach. If interested I will share. After that I just used permanent (not really, that is just what Scotch tape calls it) double stick tape and stuck it on. It is very secure and not going anywhere. I have used all day like normal and by evening sort of forgot it was there. The bezel looks the same as when it was the full case but now its just that portion. I have attached pics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1647.JPG (42.7 KB, 351 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg IMG_1649.JPG (45.4 KB, 317 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg IMG_1646.JPG (39.5 KB, 262 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg IMG_1648.JPG (40.9 KB, 216 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 05-06-2009, 01:52 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza
Re: My Touch Pro Mod - Stick on Bezel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenerd View Post
I have never been thrilled by the TP's flat face. After trying 4 or 5 screen lock programs and feeling like they had missed the mark for me, I reluctantly bought a hard case as I could not find a stick on bezel. It was not to protect the phone as much as it was to get a raised bezel, around the screen, to keep it from getting pushed when it turned on or rang in my pocket. It did the trick but it was bulky and a pain in the butt to take off. So, when I decided last night to order the bigger 3000mah battery I didnt know what I would do to protect my screen. I dont think there are any hard cases for it and even if there were it would rival my netboot in thickness. Again, I searched for a stick on bezel and could not find such a product. Thus, I decided to undergo case surgery. It turned out very well IMO and I thought I would share. It is pretty easy and very inexpensive. I think some who just want a bit more protection for their screen or folks who might not want to use a screen lock app may want to try it. I am now going to use some sort of invisashield to protect the buttons and chrome.

The case i used is $7 shipped from cell phone shop.com

http://www.cellphoneshop.net/touchprosnap.html

All I did was cut the top piece, with a sharp razor knife, leaving just the bezel. It was a bit of trial and error but after a few minutes I figured out the best approach. If interested I will share. After that I just used permanent (not really, that is just what Scotch tape calls it) double stick tape and stuck it on. It is very secure and not going anywhere. I have used all day like normal and by evening sort of forgot it was there. The bezel looks the same as when it was the full case but now its just that portion. I have attached pics.
ehh, i'm not digging that too much man...
Old 05-06-2009, 03:02 PM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff

yeah.. that looks like you glued a piece of plastic to your phone. i'm unsure of how that would protect it from anything besides if you have a tendency of throwing it on your desk face first or something.
Old 05-06-2009, 03:05 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: S3/GN2/AXIOM/TP2/Hero/Moment/EVO
Carrier: *--USCC--*

apristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to apristel Send a message via Skype™ to apristel

I like it! It is annoying accidently touching the screen or whatever. Thanks for sharing!
Old 05-06-2009, 03:08 PM
Very Important Person
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

ruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I personally love the flat face, I put a hard plastic case on it and took it off 5 minutes later when I got annoyed trying to pinpoint the x button
Old 05-07-2009, 12:19 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X
Threadstarter

mikenerd is keeping up the good workmikenerd is keeping up the good work

Thanks for looking y'all. I knew most would not like but, I thought maybe someone else was in the same boat not liking a flat screen. definitely function over beauty and black bezel over clear would be better. Trying to give back for all the help I have received here in the last 6 months. Cheers
Old 05-07-2009, 08:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

jaqual is becoming a great contributor

It's cool...I always miss the recessed screen from the 6700(among other things) so any step closer is helpful...
Old 05-07-2009, 10:31 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Touch Diamond/BlackBerry Tour 9630

basilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

How much bulk does that actually add to the phone?

Especially if you are planning on tossing in a big ol' extended battery, which pretty much means new back cover, it might be pushing the clunk factor beyond what I would carry around on me for everyday use.
Old 05-07-2009, 11:06 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

MidwestDrummer is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMidwestDrummer is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMidwestDrummer is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMidwestDrummer is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to MidwestDrummer Send a message via MSN to MidwestDrummer Send a message via Yahoo to MidwestDrummer

Aesthetically, on a scale of 1-10, I give it a 2. Although we're all about customization and mods here, so if you like it, and you benefit from it, then that's great!
Old 05-07-2009, 12:32 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

I don't get it.

I like the raised edge myself, but why didn't you just use the whole front piece??

I use a black Seidio INNOCASE & that gives the edge around the screen & looks a whole lot better than that??

~John

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro