PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2009, 09:39 PM
Livin' Dangerously
Pocket PC: Evo!/TOUCHPRO2/ ALSO TOUCH PRO
Carrier: PPCGEEKS SPRINT JUST HELPS ME CALL PEOPLE.

SBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to SBR_L3GION Send a message via Yahoo to SBR_L3GION
TP Issues

Ok I have had my TP replaced before and it is acting up again recently my phone has not been turning the screen off completely. when I hit the power button it appears off but if you tilt it slightly you can see its still on. also the soft reset button on the bottom of my phone longer works. I flashed back to a stock ROM to see if that would help but it didnt I ran the relocker on my phone and that didnt help so I decided yo take a look at my bootloader. I looked at it both unlocked and relocked and where its supposed sat something herman led its says wrong platform (0X47) is there anything I can do about this.

If I have helped you out or you enjoy my work please feel free to donate.

Helpful ROM cooking Info

How To: Registry edit to .cab
Old 05-05-2009, 09:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: ATR 3.0- I just pay Sprint for Minutes.

TaylorSPJ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTaylorSPJ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTaylorSPJ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTaylorSPJ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTaylorSPJ is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: TP Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBR_L3GION View Post
Ok I have had my TP replaced before and it is acting up again recently my phone has not been turning the screen off completely. when I hit the power button it appears off but if you tilt it slightly you can see its still on. also the soft reset button on the bottom of my phone longer works. I flashed back to a stock ROM to see if that would help but it didnt I ran the relocker on my phone and that didnt help so I decided yo take a look at my bootloader. I looked at it both unlocked and relocked and where its supposed sat something herman led its says wrong platform (0X47) is there anything I can do about this.
id pop that sucker in a microwave for a few seconds and fry the board...then walk into the store and get a new one..... easiest solution you will see
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

pierhogunn is just getting started

I had that same problem, it turned out to be something wrong with the ROM, and I ultimately got the phone replaced, cause, well it just started having other problems as well... sounds like you need to call customer service, and start being very nice to the people on the other side of the phone... don't let them charge you the $99 to replace it, it's a mechanical failure, not user error.

MightyROM 5
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-06-2009, 02:29 AM
Livin' Dangerously
Threadstarter

SBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributions

I took it to a sprint store yesterday and after about 2 minutes of looking at it they came back to me and said my new phone will be here in 2-3 days which was kinda a mixed emotion for me. I mean yeah new phone free of charge but damn what am I supposed to do till then which was actually the question I asked the lady she fed me some BS about having none in the store which wasnt the best thing for me to hear at that time because I was already pissed. I just said ill be back in 2 days and left since I had places to be so I guess I have to drive across town again in 2 days to go get what will probably be a refurb.
Old 05-06-2009, 02:53 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/8525 Unlocked Hermes
Carrier: Sprint/T-Mobile

mikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via ICQ to mikee4fun Send a message via AIM to mikee4fun Send a message via MSN to mikee4fun Send a message via Yahoo to mikee4fun Send a message via Skype™ to mikee4fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBR_L3GION View Post
If you have not tried this yet, I would give it a shot. To make the phone usable again on a temp basis if you have a micro sd card adapter I would flash from the micro sd and unlock the falker. Then reflash to the stock rom once more and see if u get a booter. Process is done here

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...59&postcount=1
If I helped you, please hit the button.
Old 05-06-2009, 03:06 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 7380
Carrier: sprint rated #1

beefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to beefcakeb0 Send a message via Yahoo to beefcakeb0

i have seen the screen issue pn both my 6800 & my 6850. yet it hasnt happened recently on either.

i would imagine it has to do with the rom or maybe over flashed..... i have heard there is a flash limit, has any peeps heard of that?
Old 05-06-2009, 03:22 AM
Livin' Dangerously
Threadstarter

yea Ive heard the about the flash limit but I think its at about 10,000 flashes though at least that is what I heard.
Old 05-06-2009, 03:32 AM
Livin' Dangerously
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikee4fun View Post
If you have not tried this yet, I would give it a shot. To make the phone usable again on a temp basis if you have a micro sd card adapter I would flash from the micro sd and unlock the falker. Then reflash to the stock rom once more and see if u get a booter. Process is done here

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...59&postcount=1
thanks I could brick It if I wanted to but im not driving back across town tomorrow. I have got things to do tomorrow and dont really have time to put up with crap from sprint. I was actually attempting to be nice because I walked in there and there was a lady in the store being a total c**t to the guy who takes them down at the door. she was old and ignorant of how to use a simple cell phone so I tried to take care of my business in respactable manner so in order to do so after I was told to come back in 2-3 days I just said fine walked out to my truck and left a lil tire and smoke in the parking lot partly because I was upset and partly because I had to get to my uncles birthday dinner.
Old 05-06-2009, 03:38 AM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by userfriendly8a View Post
Is there a limit to how many times you can download kitchens to your PPC?
About 10,000
found here
Old 05-06-2009, 03:54 AM
Livin' Dangerously
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by puff View Post
found here
wow I have a better memory than I originally thought thanks for that lil pick me up puff. i thought I had seen it somewhere wasnt very sure on it though.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro