PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   "unavailable" caller & hard reset problem (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=67619)

Odeezie 05-05-2009 09:33 PM

"unavailable" caller & hard reset problem

OK I've spent a few days searching and so far I wasn't able to find anything...

I have two problems, so far...

1)So my phone all of a sudden started to come up as "unavailable" for some people when I'd call and vice versa. (note: this is NOT the same issue as the "unknown caller" deal with the TP's caller id) It seems to happen for some people and not for others randomly so I can't really see a pattern in it. Also, right when this happened, whenever I call my voicemail, instead of logging in it acts as if I'm someone else calling my voicemail (I can basically hear my greeting). As a side note, I did not install anything before this started happening.

I wasn't able to figure it out so I tried to do a hard reset (first time) in hopes of solving the issue. Well, after the hard reset the problem is still there. Any ideas?

2) after the hard reset, I honestly feel like I'm getting WAY worse battery life, believe it or not...I've had the phone since early november so I'm pretty used to how much battery life my phone usually gets. Has anyone else exeprienced this? Any suggestions on what I should do?
fyi. I'd prefer to stick with a stock ROM.

mcw 05-05-2009 10:24 PM

Re: "unavailable" caller & hard reset problem

If you're not running a custom ROM, and you've done a hard reset - have you tried calling Sprint? Which hard-reset method did you use - and have you also tried reflashing the STOCK Sprint ROM (via executable)?

They may need to reset your account. If you have any other Sprint CDMA phone available, try using the online phone activation to switch your phone and see if the issue repeats.

You haven't setup any caller ID blocking or made any other radio changes to your phone (via PST or Phone Settings), right? I know, simple and basic things, but might help to know if others have any better answers.

Odeezie 05-06-2009 12:17 AM

Re: "unavailable" caller & hard reset problem

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcw (Post 898153)
If you're not running a custom ROM, and you've done a hard reset - have you tried calling Sprint? Which hard-reset method did you use - and have you also tried reflashing the STOCK Sprint ROM (via executable)?

They may need to reset your account. If you have any other Sprint CDMA phone available, try using the online phone activation to switch your phone and see if the issue repeats.

You haven't setup any caller ID blocking or made any other radio changes to your phone (via PST or Phone Settings), right? I know, simple and basic things, but might help to know if others have any better answers.

Not on a custom rom, and I have not tried calling sprint (I figured they'd tell me to do the same). The method I used was with the buttons and the stylus. I have not tried reflashing to a stock rom, but that was next on my list. I dont' have another phone available, but that is a good idea. I might be able to get a hold of one.