\"PPCGeeks\"

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Large File Downloads are now cutoff :( (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=67613)

nbaj2k 05-05-2009 08:14 PM

Large File Downloads are now cutoff :(

For some reason i am no longer able to download large files, whether it is with Internet Explorer, Opera, or RSS Hub.

I usually download Podcasts with RSS Hub and for some reason now the entire podcast is no longer downloading when it is a large file. Is there something I have to change in the registry that will allow the phone to have more temporary memory or something so that I can download the Podcasts and other files without a problem?

Just wondering if someone could help. Is this a PagePool issue? (don't know too much about it just saw it mentioned)

Thanks,

~J

Ktk 05-05-2009 08:24 PM

Re: Large File Downloads are now cutoff :(

I've actually had the same problem, it stops at around 7mb, or something like that.

santino405 05-05-2009 08:29 PM

what Rom's are you guys using? did you try returning to stock roms/radios and seeing if you could download large files? that would be a good place to start.

nbaj2k 05-05-2009 08:33 PM

I'm using the new MightyMike5 right now. Wasn't sure if there was something I could change or tweak to fix it.

~J

santino405 05-05-2009 08:37 PM

not that i recall. I remember i few times in which i used a broken/buggy version of opera that had trouble with downloads, but since its a system wide issue, i would think theirs something wrong with the ROM or the Radio, what radio are you using?

nbaj2k 05-05-2009 09:05 PM

I believe the radio is 1.03.15F

I have a feeling it might be the ROM, but figured there's a way to fix it by making some sort of tweak to allow for more temporary memory.

santino405 05-05-2009 09:57 PM

I would put my money on the Rom, try flashing a differen't one and see if that helps any.

nbaj2k 05-06-2009 11:15 PM

I tried MightyRom 4.16 which doesn't use Windows 6.5 and it seems to work fine. Is there something I can do or change in order to get it to work on MightyRom5? Some setting or something?

~J

psiphi 05-08-2009 05:35 PM

How much room do you have left in Device memory? You might need to move your Temp directories over to your Storage Card...

gnatsstang 05-09-2009 03:44 AM

opera mini has no problem w/large files. might b a good place 2 start. and there is a version that doesnt prompt every time u start it. kinda k00l.