PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2009, 02:01 PM
bustONE88

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
New with a TP

Hi everyone, I got the Touch Pro phone and wanted to see what new stuff i can add to it to make it run faster. The problem is im newbish and dont know the first thing about flashing my phone. I bought my phone unlocked and set it up with T-Mobile, but I think the phone is originally European. I wanted to know if it is GSM or CDMA. Any help in the right direction is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 05-03-2009, 02:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

lilbitz_1018 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlilbitz_1018 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlilbitz_1018 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlilbitz_1018 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to lilbitz_1018
Re: New with a TP

youre on GSM (tmobile, att, cricket etc.)
CDMA is Verizon and Sprint (in this forum)
theres almost unlimited customizations for the touch pro
including downloading interesting cabs which id suggest for you at this point. and ROM flashing which I think you should read read read and read some more about before attempting. Otherwise like others say, you'll have a $600 paperweight..

Good Luck
Old 05-03-2009, 02:56 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro with custom ROMs'
Carrier: Sprint for the service & PPCGeeks for the device

meanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuff

Since you are running as GSM phone, you might also want to checkout http://forum.xda-developers.com/ they deal more directly with the GSM format and this site deals more with the CDMA format.

either way READ READ READ and READ some more before doing anything. Also is you have a question use the SEARCH function 9/10 times your question has already been resolved and that way you can get your answer quicker

P
ressing
will get you far, so PLEASE press it often!!!

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-05-2009, 10:09 PM
bustONE88

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Thanks for the reply. Yeah theres a bit of reading I gotta do before I attempt anything. By reading so far looks like I can't get the Mighty Rom for my phone, correct? The lag on the TP is kinda getting to me. Any suggestions on tweeks and apps I can install to beef up performance?
Old 05-05-2009, 11:52 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro with custom ROMs'
Carrier: Sprint for the service & PPCGeeks for the device

meanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by bustONE88 View Post
Thanks for the reply. Yeah theres a bit of reading I gotta do before I attempt anything. By reading so far looks like I can't get the Mighty Rom for my phone, correct? The lag on the TP is kinda getting to me. Any suggestions on tweeks and apps I can install to beef up performance?
Yes as far as I know Mighty only works on CDMA, I run custom ROMs so I don't have the lag, the stock rom is bad IMO, they have programs you don't use and limit what you can do.

try this for tweaks
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42730
Old 05-05-2009, 11:57 PM
What did you say?
Pocket PC: Rhodium
Carrier: Sprint

Mayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on rep

yeah xda-developers is more for gsm... i suggest you read about flashing your phone since IMO thats what will make the phone better.... along with flashing a new radio.

you can find cabs that will help without flashing a custom rom but you will be limited...

good luck

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro