PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2009, 12:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

BikerSk8rKid is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to BikerSk8rKid Send a message via Yahoo to BikerSk8rKid
Re: Problem/Questions

I might have said this already, but why does my Data Connection turn off? I noticed when I reset my phone it turns off too. Is there anyway to remove the "Weather" and "Sprint Music" and "Sprint TV" from my phone, completely? Maybe a rom or something just for little things I want and nothing else? I might even pay.
Old 05-05-2009, 01:25 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Metro PCS

YouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to YouMayLose

im pretty sure the data connection is ment to turn off and on as needed...if it contenously ran you'd be here saying ur battery life sux...specially if ur running the stock rom..
Old 05-05-2009, 01:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouMayLose View Post
im pretty sure the data connection is ment to turn off and on as needed...if it contenously ran you'd be here saying ur battery life sux...specially if ur running the stock rom..
Well it seems like I only get my "Picture Mail" if it's turned on and I'm not to worried about my batterly life. But that does make sense why my batterly went dead faster today while at work, but I was texting and looking at pictures a lot. LoL
I do want to flash a custom rom though, but I can't seem to find one or anyone to help.
Old 05-05-2009, 10:40 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

kally95 is a n00b

Coming from another noob, I suggest reading both the Touch Pro Essentials and Touch Pro Cleanup threads. They are both very helpful and will answer a lot of questions. It looks like the Diamond Tweak and Shaggy's Suspend Resume 777 will address some of the problems you are having. I have my data connection going off after 1 minute and have no problems getting texts or phone calls.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-05-2009, 07:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kally95 View Post
Coming from another noob, I suggest reading both the Touch Pro Essentials and Touch Pro Cleanup threads. They are both very helpful and will answer a lot of questions. It looks like the Diamond Tweak and Shaggy's Suspend Resume 777 will address some of the problems you are having. I have my data connection going off after 1 minute and have no problems getting texts or phone calls.
I think the reason why I wasn't getting phone calls was because I found a setting saying it will be direct sent to Voicemail or something if the Data Connection is on. Which I changed the settings. It's more I'm getting text messages delayed by hours here and there, otherwise mainly minutes. It seems if I have the Data Connection on I get the Picture Mail, if I turn it off I wont get Picture Mail.

Anyways after I took it in, it seems to be working fine. I just did the Clean Up thing.

Edit: I went to Settings > Services > DDTM Mode > Get Settings... > Then I turned it "Off".
Phone: DDTM Mode
Send voice calls to voicemail durning active data connection.
( )On
(x)Off

Last edited by BikerSk8rKid; 05-05-2009 at 08:14 PM.
Old 05-06-2009, 04:54 AM
Jmz
Jmz Software
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

Jmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Jmz

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerSk8rKid View Post
I think the reason why I wasn't getting phone calls was because I found a setting saying it will be direct sent to Voicemail or something if the Data Connection is on. Which I changed the settings. It's more I'm getting text messages delayed by hours here and there, otherwise mainly minutes. It seems if I have the Data Connection on I get the Picture Mail, if I turn it off I wont get Picture Mail.

Anyways after I took it in, it seems to be working fine. I just did the Clean Up thing.

Edit: I went to Settings > Services > DDTM Mode > Get Settings... > Then I turned it "Off".
Phone: DDTM Mode
Send voice calls to voicemail durning active data connection.
( )On
(x)Off
I am saying it again. Get a stock rom and flash it. All you do is download the file, run it and it flashes. Direct link is below. Its not hardware issue because I had this same problem on the original sprint rom once. I just flashed a new rom and it fixed it.

http://rapidshare.com/files/17615341...3_Ship.exe.zip
Old 05-06-2009, 09:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmztaylor View Post
I am saying it again. Get a stock rom and flash it. All you do is download the file, run it and it flashes. Direct link is below. Its not hardware issue because I had this same problem on the original sprint rom once. I just flashed a new rom and it fixed it.

http://rapidshare.com/files/17615341...3_Ship.exe.zip
Thank you so much, I'll do that now. I just couldn't find it in the link. Will I lose everything, besides what's on my memory card?
I remember a tech I called to fix my internet the first day I got it, he said something about going to a website to get these downloads for my cell phone and it's worth it. But I never did remember what he said. :/
Old 05-06-2009, 11:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

evilpeople is becoming a great contributor

Yes, a hard reset will delete everything on your phone. There are backup programs available if you have important data on your phone (PIM backup and SPB Backup are two, but certainly not all).
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-06-2009, 01:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpeople View Post
Yes, a hard reset will delete everything on your phone. There are backup programs available if you have important data on your phone (PIM backup and SPB Backup are two, but certainly not all).
I just backed up my PIM. What does the SPB do? I was asking because I have some mods I've done to it. But then again I could always get them back.
Old 05-06-2009, 03:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I forgot to Thank people.

Another question though.
How do you find these Sprint Custom Roms?

Edit: Should I get a new rom/cab thing for the Sprint Picture Mail? Someone told me the stock one is dumb and I should flash it.
What's the point of having the big batterly supply where it says HTC when it's plugged in an outlet? I find it pointless. LOL

Last edited by BikerSk8rKid; 05-06-2009 at 03:19 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro