PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2009, 11:55 PM
lwrdrchvy2

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
How to change base and highlight color of softkeys

Got bored and started messing with some settings and found a way to change the colors through reg edits. Haven't seen this posted but if it is please delete thread. Now the how to.

Open HKCU/software/microsoft/today/sprint.tsk
Change the data string for the string Color_CommandBarText

To change the color of the softkey when pressed navigate to..
HKCU/software/microsoft/today/sprint.tsk
Change the data string for the string Color_CommandbarText_Highlight

http://www.2createawebsite.com/build/hex-colors.html is a website you can use to get an exact color. Find your color and then look at the hex code. Disregard the #, and add 00 to the end and enter into the data string.

Have fun!

Last edited by lwrdrchvy2; 02-10-2009 at 02:36 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-17-2009, 02:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4g
Carrier: Sprint

wdaniels2007 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How to change base and highlight color of softkeys

Thanks by the way..I was looking for this and to change the highlighted scroll bar on the start menu. For the life of me I have done this a few times with ceregeditor and it never saves. I can't figure out why. I'm turning off TP3D and changing the the HTC black theme and it reverts back.
Old 02-17-2009, 11:11 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Just use a today theme (NOT tf3d theme) that has the colors you want or use basehue express (locating in the software forum) or UITweaker found in thread here on the front page today. TSK files change the highlight and top/bottom bar colors...
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-18-2009, 09:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4g
Carrier: Sprint

wdaniels2007 is just getting started

After messing with UItweaker I figured it out, but its not really clear cut. It took me awhile to figure out the correct colors, because the tab names dont seem to match up at least not to me. Anyway, thanks for you help once again..
Old 05-05-2009, 12:45 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

I agree its kinda convoluted process to change out colors with UITweaker. I end up with a mess sometimes. I always do a backup before I screw with it just in case!

BrennB

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro