PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2009, 08:47 AM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up
Carrier: sprint

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Can somebody please explain why this is happening? please?

Greetings. Something very strange has been happening with my Touch Pro over the weekend, and i was hoping somebody could explain what is causing this.
First of all, i have sprint, and im using the copper rom (for about a month now). Alrighty, i woke up Saturday morning and my TP had an error message saying memory was critically low and that i needed to delete stuff to free up space. So, over the course of a night, my TP somehow lost over 200mb of storage memory, with nothing running. This is the first time ive ever seen this happen with my TP. I hadn't installed anything new or anything different.
I ended up doing a hardreset, and putting my apps back on through-out the day. I went into memmaid and with the application cache tool, switched everything to my storage card. Sure enough, my storage memory never dropped a bit throughout the day and all seemed well. When i woke up this morning, all my spb pocket + icons were gone, and my storage card lost, go figure, over 200mb of memory. After I deleted a movie and did a softreset, all my icons came back. Granted, my 8gb memory card was pretty full yesterday, but what on earth is using up all that memory over an 8 hour period? Dont know if this is matters not, but during those 2 strange nights, my program memory (ram) never dropped a bit. It stayed at 140mb, even though everything was going down like my ex-wife on a supposed work trip. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys,
dschoenike

Old 05-04-2009, 08:51 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

DrSuSE is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDrSuSE is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDrSuSE is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Can somebody please explain why this is happening? please?

Something similar happened to me right before (~72 hours or so) my SD card decided it wanted to die. Thankfully I had backups and SD cards are cheap these days.
Not sure if this is anywhere near your issue, but good luck!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-04-2009, 08:56 AM
Give him the KICK!!!
Threadstarter

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSuSE View Post
Something similar happened to me right before (~72 hours or so) my SD card decided it wanted to die. Thankfully I had backups and SD cards are cheap these days.
Not sure if this is anywhere near your issue, but good luck!
Im actually hoping its something as simple as a suicidal memory card Those can be easily replaced. Thanks for the reply.
dschoenike
Old 05-04-2009, 09:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700,6800,6900,Touch Pro ,

tc32brat is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to tc32brat

Sounds funny, but I had the same problem like 2 weeks ago...I reformatted my sd card....and all has been good.
Old 05-04-2009, 09:18 AM
Give him the KICK!!!
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc32brat View Post
Sounds funny, but I had the same problem like 2 weeks ago...I reformatted my sd card....and all has been good.
Thanks for responding. i can see why it might happen last night if the memory card was goofy. But would a bad card explain my issues the first time it happened with my internal storage memory getting wiped out? Think ill reformat like you said and see what happens.
Dschoenike
Old 05-04-2009, 01:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

GoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributions

I pm'd you my response. I don't think it has anything really to do with you storage card, since only the device's memory was affected. But those 2 might be related. I'd say it's a memory leak, but I think that'd manifest in some sort of RAM drop not storage drop. Anyways, check your pm, I offered a couple more suggestions.

Also, this sh't made me laugh. Hard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dschoenike View Post
It stayed at 140mb, even though everything was going down like my ex-wife on a supposed work trip.

PPCGeeks New User Guide

This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro