PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2009, 11:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

HandsUp85 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Is it worth switching from a Diamond to Pro

I've had my diamond for about 15 days now after coming from a touch and was debating on switching to the pro. After running the official rom update for the diamond I like it a heck of alot better mainly because the touch screen has gotten better and my signal strength improved(I get service at my girlfriends house so now I don't have to bother using her phone). I know there hasn't been an official update for the pro yet but I hate typing e-mails,text messages, or writing notes on a touch screen. So if anyone has experience with both phones there opinion of the two would be greatly appreciated.

Oh yeah and I have heard that the pro is very laggy compared to the diamond.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:09 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

blazin-asian is keeping up the good workblazin-asian is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to blazin-asian
Re: Is it worth switching from a Diamond to Pro

i was in the same situation and was coming from a mogul so i wanted the physical keyboard. the only reasons IMO to upgrade to a Pro are:

-tv out
-microsd slot
-physical kb
-led light (for camera flash)

i kind of miss how thin the diamond was though.

hope this helps.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:14 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Htc Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

asgard_thor is a n00b

i would say its worth it just for the physical keyboard
Old 05-04-2009, 06:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Alltel Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

AceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuff

Must have physical keyboard. All, and I do mean ALL, touchscreen keyboards suck. Some less than others, but to some degree they all suck. And before anyone says anything meaningless like "I can type on *insert random onscreen keyboard/device here* just fine" or any variation thereof, let me explain what I mean. I equate an onscreen/touchscreen keyboard to a bad blowjob. It can still "get the job done". Enjoy that little analogy ;P
Old 05-04-2009, 06:29 AM
The PPCG CR Guy!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Laos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Laos101

I agree its all about the keyboard, the SD card slot, and other features are good but the keyboard truly blew me away
Old 05-04-2009, 07:15 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

I have a TP & never use the hardware KB (I find I can type way faster using TouchPal using T+). I bought the TP for the other features the Diamond is missing.

I use the video out feature everyday (I hook my SlingMobile setup to the 7" DVD/NAV screen in my truck) & a removeable card is an absolute must IMHO (I have 12 gigs of my current 16 gig card filled)

~John
Old 05-04-2009, 08:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700,6800,6900,Touch Pro ,

tc32brat is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to tc32brat

I would think that having the hardware KB, the extra kb, video out options would make it a good trade. as I always say love my phone....hate my provider
Old 05-04-2009, 10:02 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo Shift
Carrier: Sprint SEP 4G

elmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to elmerfudpucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceXMachine View Post
I equate an onscreen/touchscreen keyboard to a bad blowjob. It can still "get the job done". Enjoy that little analogy ;P
Agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by laos101 View Post
I agree its all about the keyboard, the SD card slot, and other features are good but the keyboard truly blew me away
Wasnt kidding was he!

Scary thing is, I dont use my laptop hardly at all anymore. True the TP isnt as fast, but I can pretty much handle all I need to do with it.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Old 05-04-2009, 10:07 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro

sho0z is keeping up the good worksho0z is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmerfudpucker View Post
Agreed

Wasnt kidding was he!

Scary thing is, I dont use my laptop hardly at all anymore. True the TP isnt as fast, but I can pretty much handle all I need to do with it.

+1
Old 05-04-2009, 10:08 AM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

Rarely used the hard kb on the Mogul and rarely use it on the TP. I dont edit or write books on my TP so soft kb is fine adn there are many, however sd card is a must have nomsayin

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro