PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2009, 01:39 PM
Lurker

03edge is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HTC Touch Pro Questions

First off, I could not decide if this belongs here or in the general section, it is phone specific, but if it needs to be moved sorry for posting in the wrong section.

Anyways, I am looking into buying the htc touch pro. I had the htc mogul, then bought a blackberry 8830 curve which is what I have right now. I am in the market for a new phone again, just because haha. My mogul ran slugish sometimes and had some weird querks.

I really like the interface of the new touch pro, and I have been reading alot of reviews and watching videos. Is it quicker and more reliable then the mogul? I am just a little hesitent because of my last experience with windows on the mogul. So I just wanted some general input on how the system runs on the pro vs the mogul.

Thanks for any and all help, I appreciate it.
Old 05-03-2009, 01:53 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO3D
Carrier: Sprint 4g Dallas

dallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: HTC Touch Pro Questions

With more memory on the TP you can run so much more without having to worry about it. The mogul for started to freeze even when answering phone. Its day and night.
Old 05-03-2009, 01:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

lilbitz_1018 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlilbitz_1018 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlilbitz_1018 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlilbitz_1018 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to lilbitz_1018

CHAANGE! lol i recently came from the mogul also. i say the only thing that i miss are the extra buttons and the scroll wheel.. the touch pro has alot more program memory and alot more ram. i think it looks better (it does) lol. the user interface is more attractive also. others will add more (= good luck
Old 05-03-2009, 02:01 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC ARRIVE
Carrier: sprint

havox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

touch pro ftw

just be ready for battery &/or heat issues

Dank-Ass Robba

Old 05-03-2009, 02:09 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

03edge is a n00b

How does the pro battery life compare to the moguls?
Old 05-03-2009, 02:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker

lilbitz_1018 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlilbitz_1018 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlilbitz_1018 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlilbitz_1018 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

honestly, it dies alot faster. It heats up also causing the chargin to stop. The mogul overheated sometimes but not as much as the Pro and it also dies quicker. Some registry tweaks and radios may help with that however. but originally not quite like the Mogul
Old 05-03-2009, 02:21 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

03edge is a n00b

Hmm I want this phone so bad, but might just keep my curve. I hated the quick dying battery.
Old 05-03-2009, 02:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker

it all depends on what you like. Personally, I think what my phone can do out-weighs the quickly dying battery. It really is a great phone.
Old 05-03-2009, 04:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond and TP

Shin_Akuma26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularShin_Akuma26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularShin_Akuma26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularShin_Akuma26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularShin_Akuma26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

You know the TP is a great phone like many said it has its bad side with the battery life expectancy; however, there are lots of mods and registry things that you can do to the phone, in addition, if you have a good rom in the phone the life and performance of the phone will skyrocket to a new different playground ... go for it partner.
Old 07-06-2009, 09:34 PM
deputyrb

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Does anyone know how to fix the small picture issue on the TP? When I recieve a picture text, the picture is real small on my screen. I can forward it to another phone and it will be full screen...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro