PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2009, 12:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

molitar is keeping up the good workmolitar is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Tutorial to recook a ROM?

Can someone point me to a tutorial to recook a ROM? I just want to remove the annoying bugged version of HTCPhotoPicker.exe from it so I can get rid of the redwallper bug. But it's been cooked into the ROM and can not be deleted normally.

And please don't say to use the CRAPPY Rhodium Album v3.. getting rid of the major feature I use for my pictures the super zoom by circling was the most useful feature for me and the new album replaces that feature with a crappy locked level zoom that doesn't even zoom in as much as the original did!

All I want is a tutorial on how I can use the Diamond Kitchen or some other procedure on dumping the rom, removing the file, and recompiling it into a rom again.
Old 05-03-2009, 12:16 PM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Tutorial to recook a ROM?

Moved to Main TP Forum
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.
Old 05-03-2009, 12:36 PM
Livin' Dangerously
Pocket PC: Evo!/TOUCHPRO2/ ALSO TOUCH PRO
Carrier: PPCGEEKS SPRINT JUST HELPS ME CALL PEOPLE.

SBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to SBR_L3GION Send a message via Yahoo to SBR_L3GION

whose rom is it originally.

If I have helped you out or you enjoy my work please feel free to donate.

Helpful ROM cooking Info

How To: Registry edit to .cab
Old 05-03-2009, 01:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBR_L3GION View Post
whose rom is it originally.
Merdin's.. I really like his new 6.5 TP2 rom. Just not able to delete that HTCPhotoPicker file at all. So would just like to recook it with it gone. Everything else been working great with the ROM except for the red wallpaper bug.
Old 05-03-2009, 01:05 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Now why would anyone want to do that? Much less click on my signature and look into "Adding/Removing Programs", that's just boring! lol...

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-03-2009, 01:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
Now why would anyone want to do that? Much less click on my signature and look into "Adding/Removing Programs", that's just boring! lol...
LOL! Thanks rstoyguy And also thanks SBR_L3GION.
Old 05-03-2009, 01:37 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Please note:
1. The kitchen is probably outdated. Copy ..\SYS, ..\OEM, ..\ROM to a newer kitchen.
2. The Rom is probably "protected"
Old 05-03-2009, 02:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Exclamation Re: Tutorial to recook a ROM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
Please note:
1. The kitchen is probably outdated. Copy ..\SYS, ..\OEM, ..\ROM to a newer kitchen.
2. The Rom is probably "protected"
New Kitchen what kitchen? Also where do I get the sys, oem, and rom files for kitchen for WM6.5 and Manila2? The rest of your instructions are very clear but if that is an old kitchen and where to get the files above for the kitchen are not.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro