PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2009, 03:27 AM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza
Re: Sprint Touch Pro 2 picture and info

Doesn't look that good.....
Old 05-05-2009, 04:26 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

imtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

anyone kno what kinda Processor its using? im tempted to skip this and wait for the toshiba tg01

Last edited by imtjnotu; 05-05-2009 at 04:29 AM.
Old 05-05-2009, 02:41 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by imtjnotu View Post
anyone kno what kinda Processor its using? im tempted to skip this and wait for the toshiba tg01
it uses the same processor as the tp1
Old 05-05-2009, 02:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

frazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I'll def. be passing on this phone. I just don't see any compelling reason for me to shell out coin over the Touch Pro.

I don't roam enough for the only real feature it has to make sense (GSM capabilities). And it would be silly to use domestically (2 phone bills? ).

The rest of the hyped features from HTC are just useless to me or CMDA in general. They keep talking about conference calling on the TP2... How is that going to work on Sprint when ever Sprint phone I've seen can't do conference calling, but can only do "Three-Way Calling".

The lack of the "flash" is a major drawback as that thing serves as just too awesome of a flashlight.

The larger screen is nice on paper, but I'm not sure I want to carry a phone even bigger than my current phone. I already get looked at like I'm some kind of freak by my wife for carrying a "brick" as a phone.

And seriously... why the hell is HTC so anti-button lately? How do you kill the D-Pad?

It just lacks any "wow" factor for me. If they doubled the RAM or CPU or something I might be willing to shell out, but not this time.
Free Disposable Email: MyTrashMail
Old 05-05-2009, 03:04 PM
Young-E
Pocket PC: TP2

Young_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by frazell View Post
I'll def. be passing on this phone. I just don't see any compelling reason for me to shell out coin over the Touch Pro.

I don't roam enough for the only real feature it has to make sense (GSM capabilities). And it would be silly to use domestically (2 phone bills? ).

The rest of the hyped features from HTC are just useless to me or CMDA in general. They keep talking about conference calling on the TP2... How is that going to work on Sprint when ever Sprint phone I've seen can't do conference calling, but can only do "Three-Way Calling".

The lack of the "flash" is a major drawback as that thing serves as just too awesome of a flashlight.

The larger screen is nice on paper, but I'm not sure I want to carry a phone even bigger than my current phone. I already get looked at like I'm some kind of freak by my wife for carrying a "brick" as a phone.

And seriously... why the hell is HTC so anti-button lately? How do you kill the D-Pad?

It just lacks any "wow" factor for me. If they doubled the RAM or CPU or something I might be willing to shell out, but not this time.
I can tell by your reasoning for not wanting the phone that you obviously don't understand the new features. Using GSM would not be paying for 2 phone bills. It enables you to roam on GSM towers when there are no CDMA ones's. Like if you were over seas where GSM is dominant. Or even in a city where the GSM coverage is better. Secondly you obviously don't understand what conference calling is. And if it's a NEW feature duh you wouldn't find it on any other phone lol. But hey don't upgrade your loss. But i bet you will want the phone when you see it. Never judge a book by it's cover.
Minnesota Militia/Touch Pro Division

Last edited by Young_breedent; 05-05-2009 at 03:08 PM.
Old 05-05-2009, 04:49 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young_breedent View Post
I can tell by your reasoning for not wanting the phone that you obviously don't understand the new features. Using GSM would not be paying for 2 phone bills. It enables you to roam on GSM towers when there are no CDMA ones's. Like if you were over seas where GSM is dominant. Or even in a city where the GSM coverage is better. Secondly you obviously don't understand what conference calling is. And if it's a NEW feature duh you wouldn't find it on any other phone lol. But hey don't upgrade your loss. But i bet you will want the phone when you see it. Never judge a book by it's cover.
this is all fine and dandy but if the tp1 gets terrible battery life and the tp2 has more features, what kind of battery life will this one have? no thanks htc, i'll pass and keep rocking this tp!
Old 05-05-2009, 05:04 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRo

Staychizzo is a n00b

ON here its says 3.4in screen and on the HTC site it says 3.6in..???? I Hope its the 3.6, but can anybody confirm this!! Thanks
Old 05-05-2009, 05:20 PM
Young-E
Pocket PC: TP2

Young_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr8820 View Post
this is all fine and dandy but if the tp1 gets terrible battery life and the tp2 has more features, what kind of battery life will this one have? no thanks htc, i'll pass and keep rocking this tp!
Well just because it has more features doesn't mean you will be using them all at once lol. And the touch pro 2 has a 1500 mAh battery compared to the touch pro's 1340 mAh battery. So you do the math. It really seems to me that people will always complain about this and that until the actual phone comes out. Don't try and bash the phone because you can't afford it or because you think it's not an upgrade. When this thing is released i guarantee it's the hottest thing on this site and the touch pro will be left in the dust just like the mogul was and even the diamond versus the pro for that matter lol. Your favorite chef will get a TP2 so you either keep up or stay behind .
Old 05-05-2009, 05:22 PM
d94
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

d94 is just getting started

should be a 3.6
bigger than the iphone!

Mogul > Diamond FREE, $75 inconvenience credit
$42/mo 1250 min unlimited txt/data + TEP
<sprint tech>
Old 05-05-2009, 06:01 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young_breedent View Post
It really seems to me that people will always complain about this and that until the actual phone comes out. Don't try and bash the phone because you can't afford it or because you think it's not an upgrade. When this thing is released i guarantee it's the hottest thing on this site and the touch pro will be left in the dust just like the mogul was and even the diamond versus the pro for that matter lol. Your favorite chef will get a TP2 so you either keep up or stay behind .
if people were happy with their phones, this site wouldn't exist. and i'm sprint premier so i can afford the tab but i choose not to. as i stated in previous threads, only if sprint GIVES me a tp2 will i rock it. but as you can see from my phone history, no manufacture has nailed it down yet and i've decided my money is too precious!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro