PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2009, 11:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO
Carrier: ALLTEL

jsminnis is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
ROMS MightMike5 or Copper?? New to Touch Pro

I have just upgraded from the Touch (aka. Vogue) to the Touch Pro.

Before flashing a new rom, I would like some input on other users opions. I had NFSFANS 6.5 V8 rom installed on my vogue and I loved it. I have been doing some searching, and I have narrowed my choices down to MIGHTMIKE5 ROM or COPPER ROM by MightyMike and Juicy......

Could I please get some feedback on which is better??

Help, is much appriciated, I want my new phone to have wm6.5, run fast, and have good battery life.

Thanx in advance....

**UPDATE**
I was just at the XDA site, and NFSFAN just got a touch pro and he will be releasing a new wm6.5 rom for the tp soon.............. His rom's are blazing fast and stable, w/ great battery life.... I can't wait......

Last edited by jsminnis; 05-03-2009 at 11:38 AM.
Old 05-03-2009, 11:58 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

AxeYrCat is just getting started
Re: ROMS MightMike5 or Copper?? New to Touch Pro

Copper is stripped down, totally bare bones. If you know how you want to setup your device, and you like making your own tweaks, it's fantastic.

If you want something that works well out of the box, and you don't have a bunch of cabs sitting around waiting to install, MM5 or Juicy7 are both good.
Old 05-03-2009, 12:14 PM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Moved to Main TP Forum
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.
Old 05-03-2009, 12:40 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC ARRIVE
Carrier: sprint

havox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

are you sure u want to jump straight into 6.5???

i would say mike5 cuz its newer

Dank-Ass Robba

Old 05-03-2009, 12:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by havox22 View Post
are you sure u want to jump straight into 6.5???

i would say mike5 cuz its newer
I have been using 6.5 for awhile now, but on the vogue. I guess I really like the fact that it comes with larger menus without having to install fingermenu. Also, on the vogue I had many different tsk's for 6.5. The only thing is, I have to get used to the Idea of having a VGA screen because I have a hard drive full of stuff QVGA leftover from the vogue. I would be willing to use 6.1 if I could get HTC MENU ENHANCEMENTS.CAB to work on it.
Old 05-03-2009, 01:04 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC ARRIVE

havox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsminnis View Post
I have been using 6.5 for awhile now, but on the vogue. I guess I really like the fact that it comes with larger menus without having to install fingermenu. Also, on the vogue I had many different tsk's for 6.5. The only thing is, I have to get used to the Idea of having a VGA screen because I have a hard drive full of stuff QVGA leftover from the vogue. I would be willing to use 6.1 if I could get HTC MENU ENHANCEMENTS.CAB to work on it.
i love 6.5..i was just saying cuz alot of ppl think its unstable & maybe i dont see it cuz ive been running it ever since it first came out & was all slow & buggy, i figured it seems so great now only because i compare it to what it useto be, but since mike had a hand in both roms its up to what u want

copper = bare
mike5 = i dont remember i only used it for a sec but im sure its like copper with more tweaks plus a program here of there
Old 05-03-2009, 02:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6850

dannyppc6700 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to dannyppc6700 Send a message via Yahoo to dannyppc6700

I'm not a fan of the MM roms. I tried one.. didn't like it. I'm also not a fan of the 6.5
wm on the TP. I like the fact that the menu's are bigger and finger friendly BUT because
the menu's are bigger, all the selections don't fit, so now I have to scroll the menu to get a selection that's near the bottom, which means an extra click now.. which I find annoying.
I downloaded juicy's rom, but I saw silence 9 and tried it first because it's wm6.1.
I may give the juicy 7 a try though.. give 6.5 wm anohter try.
the roms thread. All the mods have to do is move the previous version
to a retired area. Is that too much to ask?
Old 05-03-2009, 05:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: LG Optimus 7 and Samsung Focus (unlocked)
Carrier: Telus

jessiethe3rd knows their stuffjessiethe3rd knows their stuffjessiethe3rd knows their stuffjessiethe3rd knows their stuffjessiethe3rd knows their stuffjessiethe3rd knows their stuffjessiethe3rd knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to jessiethe3rd

After rolling with both extensively (loaded 6.5's - MM and Juicy7) I ended up with MM the longest. It was well done. I'm running Demolition with Shell 3.0 now...trying to mix it up a bit - in the end 6.5 will have me come back - it's well put together.
Old 05-03-2009, 05:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I really appriciate everyone's feedback, If you like 6.5, I strongly suggest that you give NFSFAN'S rom a try when it comes out. I used his 6.1 rom and 6.5 rom on the vogue, and they are both super stable and fast. So far, I am leaning towards, MM5 until NFSFANS rom comes out. I like to have a few progs allready installed and definetly some tweaks for speed.

Thanx again for all the input....
Old 05-03-2009, 06:04 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: touch pro, diamond

cndm101 is keeping up the good workcndm101 is keeping up the good work

I tried all three stuck to copper for a while then jump over to MM then went juicy. In my opinion juicy is very sluggish. copper or MM5 id the eay to go

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro