PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2009, 05:29 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: Sprint

cmantis is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint TV error, found a possible fix!

Didn't work for me using Juicy's rom.

Edit: Now after playing with it some more I can no longer create a new connection as per the instructions here. It keeps saying that a network connection already exists with that name (SprintPCS) even after deleting it and trying to make it new again. I still get the same error message with Sprint TV too. I even tried installing HombreSprintCarrier090430 as per the recommendation in Juicy's rom thread.

Any ideas?

Last edited by cmantis; 05-03-2009 at 05:51 PM.
Old 05-03-2009, 09:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Threadstarter

JMat is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmantis View Post
Didn't work for me using Juicy's rom.

Edit: Now after playing with it some more I can no longer create a new connection as per the instructions here. It keeps saying that a network connection already exists with that name (SprintPCS) even after deleting it and trying to make it new again. I still get the same error message with Sprint TV too. I even tried installing HombreSprintCarrier090430 as per the recommendation in Juicy's rom thread.

Any ideas?
Did you try to soft reset your phone and see if that cleared anything up? If it doesn't I'm sure its nothing a good ol' hard reset wont fix. You could always hard reset, install nothing but Sprint Tv and try post1 to see if it is something with Juicy's rom or maybe a program you've installed.

Anybody else running Juicy's rom tried this to see if it works?
Old 05-10-2009, 11:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

ebuzz is just getting started

I've tried this and it does not work for me. So I tried to uninstall all of the SprintTV cabs and program files, etc., and then reinstall SprintTV from the beginning. When I do that and try to reinstall, I get a message that the previous version needs to be uninstalled first, but if I deleted all of the previous version, why am I getting that msg? Then when I hit OK to uninstall the previous ver., I get a msg saying the previous version can't be uninstalled do I want to proceed anyway. What gives?
Old 05-10-2009, 11:37 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: X51v

Technology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the community
Talking Re: Sprint TV error, found a possible fix!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebuzz View Post
I've tried this and it does not work for me. So I tried to uninstall all of the SprintTV cabs and program files, etc., and then reinstall SprintTV from the beginning. When I do that and try to reinstall, I get a message that the previous version needs to be uninstalled first, but if I deleted all of the previous version, why am I getting that msg? Then when I hit OK to uninstall the previous ver., I get a msg saying the previous version can't be uninstalled do I want to proceed anyway. What gives?
The reason you are still getting the error mesage, this is because you have not yet deleted the SprintTV directory located Device> Program Files, also check out the cache to see if it has been deleted too... just be sure, take a look in the Windows> Start Menu area also....
Old 05-10-2009, 08:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technology1 View Post
The reason you are still getting the error mesage, this is because you have not yet deleted the SprintTV directory located Device> Program Files, also check out the cache to see if it has been deleted too... just be sure, take a look in the Windows> Start Menu area also....
IDK, I think I looked everywhere and still can find no SprintTV. Where's the cache located? Pretty sure I searched everywhere. I even did a file search with Resco file explorer for "SprintTV" and "TV" and there are no files by those names on my device.

Last edited by ebuzz; 05-11-2009 at 12:50 PM.
Old 05-14-2009, 11:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMat View Post
First - Start/Settings/Connections/Connections. Should bring you to your connection Settings, Tap Manage Existing Connections, Should have your data connection name and # (in my case Data #777) If not make sure you are on the Modem tab. Tap and hold your data connection and then DELETE it. Now tap the new button.
Enter a name for the connection - SprintPCS
Select a modem - Cellular Line
Tap Next
Enter the number exactly as it should be dialed - #777
Tap Next
Last page asks for a User Name and password - DO NOT ENTER ANY INFO, JUST HIT FINISH!
Now back at the Modem tab it should have SprintPCS #777
Tap ok until you get back to today screen. Now open Sprint TV. You will get a Network Log On dialog box asking for User name, password, Domain - LEAVE ALL BLANK, ONLY CHECK THE SAVE PASSWORD BOX THEN OK.
Now enjoy your sprint TV.

Hope this helps some of you out, if so I could use 1 or 2 Thanks.
Can you tell me what the name of the connection was before you changed it to "Sprint PCS" also what was the #. I think it was #777 in the original as well?
Thanks
Old 05-14-2009, 12:05 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebuzz View Post
Can you tell me what the name of the connection was before you changed it to "Sprint PCS" also what was the #. I think it was #777 in the original as well?
Thanks
If you're using mighty's rom, then "NETWORK" is the default name of the connection settings and "DATA" is the name of the connection. yea, #777 is the correct and original number.

Last edited by razorloves; 05-14-2009 at 03:27 PM. Reason: correction
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-14-2009, 01:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
If you're using mighty's rom, then NETWORK is the name of the connection. yea, #777 is the correct and original number.
THANK YOU!!! I finally got it to work.
Old 05-14-2009, 02:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

jthomas8946 knows their stuffjthomas8946 knows their stuffjthomas8946 knows their stuffjthomas8946 knows their stuffjthomas8946 knows their stuffjthomas8946 knows their stuff

I am using Copper WM 6.5 and I received the same error. I installed the attached cab and everything works fine now.

1. Soft Reset
2. Install Cab
3. Soft Reset
4. Test Sprint TV

This worked for me.
Attached Files
File Type: cab Calkulin's Sprint TV Fix.cab (2.69 MB, 432 views) Click for barcode!
Old 05-14-2009, 02:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthomas8946 View Post
I am using Copper WM 6.5 and I received the same error. I installed the attached cab and everything works fine now.

1. Soft Reset
2. Install Cab
3. Soft Reset
4. Test Sprint TV

This worked for me.
Yes, it worked for me as well, but I had to go back to the original "network" settings in the comm mgr., to get it to work. Changing to the SprintPCS did not.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro