PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2009, 01:29 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

blockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Touch Pro getting HOT on charge

I really need some help with this. This hasn't become an issue until yesterday. I'm running MightyRom5 on my Sprint Touch Pro with a Seidio Innocell 1500 mah battery. I fell asleep on the couch with Opera running in a low signal area and when I woke up the phone was dead. I took my charger with me to work at UPS and plugged it into a PC there to let it charge. It wouldn't charge because the phone got too hot being out in the hub so I took it upstairs to an office and let it charge there. It took quite a while to get it fully charged. Around 8:30 pm or so, I was using it to show a 15 min video to some coworkers. After the video, it showed 80%. I didn't use it at all except to check the time once in a while. By 11 pm, it was totally dead. I charged it at my g/f's house overnight with the phone off. On the 20 min drive home, it went from 100% to 70% in that span of time with no programs running and the screen off. I switched out to the stock battery earlier, let it charge, and I had the screen on so I could see the battery charge. It got to 90 % about 20 minutes ago, then I looked again and it had dropped to 60% and was running damn hot and was no longer charging. I know that at a certain temp the phone wont charge anymore, but what is going on with this? The last thing I installed was Pandora (which I uninstalled cuz it blows) and Calkulins SprintTV fix. I've been running MR5 for a while and haven't had an issue like this. Does anyone know what could be causing this? If you need any more info to help, please let me know. Thanks for the help.
Old 05-03-2009, 04:02 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC ARRIVE
Carrier: sprint

havox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Touch Pro getting HOT on charge

if ur still in the low signal area then it mite happen, 1 time my phone got so hot i had to take it out of my pocket cuz it started to really burn & when i looked at it nothing was running it was just no signal....the touch pro sucks really bad when it comes to heat/battery issuse(everybody has them), thats why i never recommend it to people

Dank-Ass Robba

Old 05-03-2009, 08:26 AM
The PPCG CR Guy!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

Laos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Laos101
Re: Touch Pro getting HOT on charge

If you're ending up in a low signal zone, your battery will be sucked like no tommorow. ALL phones do this, but WM is the worst at it. Turn your phone on airplane mode until you are out of a low signal zone.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro