PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2009, 10:57 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Trophy
Carrier: Verizon

Oxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
3D Accerlation on Mobile Shell 3.0?

I searched this out and even dug through the thread that Coz started about 3D acceleration, and I couldn't find the answer to my issue, so here it is:

When I turn on the 3D acceleration on Mobile Shell 3, my screen freezes every few seconds or so whenever I go into the Carousel screen.

Does anyone know why this happens or how to fix it? Thanks!
Old 05-01-2009, 11:06 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo
Carrier: Sprint

racemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuff
Re: 3D Accerlation on Mobile Shell 3.0?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=509704 i know what u mean. liked the carasel better in 3d and it froze. when i installed the cab from above it fixed it plus seemed to help other things as well
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 05-01-2009, 11:13 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Oxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quick reply AND a satisfactory answer? Thanks, you're the best!

EDIT:

I was about to come back and say that I had already installed that cab, but when I went to the GFXBoost program on my phone, I found out that it was disabled.

Thanks again!

Last edited by Oxymoron238; 05-01-2009 at 11:16 AM.
Old 05-01-2009, 11:20 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo

racemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuff

also it might be me but it seems like when your zoomed in and panning in opera its much smoother and faster. if you try coreplayer it helps direct draw which makes me want to build a new tv out cable lol
Old 05-01-2009, 01:08 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Yeah its supposed to help your processor run faster as a whole, increasing more than just mobile shell.

Another question tho. Is it me, or does this app drain your battery faster? I'm at 70% after just 4 hours of inactivity
Old 05-01-2009, 04:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

robj19 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobj19 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobj19 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobj19 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Yeah mobile shell is a battery hog. But i love the App much better than TF3D so I'll deal with it.

Don't just say THANKS click it!

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-01-2009, 04:36 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

GoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by robj19 View Post
Yeah mobile shell is a battery hog. But i love the App much better than TF3D so I'll deal with it.
I don't think MS 3 is the battery hog. I think it's the use of 3d acceleration.

You can turn it off, or just not enable it, and lose no functionality and get a lot better battery life.

PPCGeeks New User Guide

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-02-2009, 02:53 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Thanks guys. I think my battery was just having one of those days... it seems to be fine now. I flashed another rom and then flashed back, and then the battery seemed to have returned to normal.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro