PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2009, 01:12 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Gearhead01 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint Touch Pro - Battery life = 6 hours?

I know the TP has marginal battery life, but lately I have only been getting 6 hours of light use with my Sprint Touch Pro. I am still on the stock Sprint ROM, running the Telus radio, and have used Diamond Tweak to maximize battery life, including turning the data connection off after 1 minute. I have email set to check every 30 minutes (1 account) and weather does not update automatically.

With this setup, I go from 100% to less than 20% charge in 6 hours with just a couple of phone calls, a couple of texts, and an occasional check of email. This seems worse than normal for battery life. Also, this happens with both my stock HTC battery and a new Mugen 1500mAh battery. Any suggestions?
Old 04-30-2009, 01:37 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO + Palm PRE + Diamond

gearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuff
Re: Sprint Touch Pro - Battery life = 6 hours?

There is a cab for battery tweaks somewhere... look for it, it helped me by about 20% or, try Juicy or Mighty ROM. I am running Juicy7 and can go a day and a half with moderate use, 2 days with light use.

[
Old 04-30-2009, 01:44 PM
The PPCG CR Guy!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Laos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Laos101

I got roughly4-5 hours of dedicated web browsing with 8 hours of standby, so 6 hours (counting that 8 hours into 1 hour of relative usage time)
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

you can do alot more to try and save battery. turn your beam off,gps off when not using it.. theres a cab for the gps off. check one of the battery threads for more tricks.
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Mighty 4.16 definitely helped my battery life some, but these things really are mini laptops & battery life is basically gonna suck no matter what tweaks you make.

I imagine before this thread is too old, some clown will post that their battery lasts for 4 days (it happens every single time there is a thread like this) with some "super ROM" they are running, ignore those posts -they are total BS..............

~John
Old 04-30-2009, 01:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

pastafarian is keeping up the good workpastafarian is keeping up the good workpastafarian is keeping up the good work

My battery lasts for weeks.....if it's charged and not in the phone. The tweaks and rom's only go so far. One suggestion I can make? Go to the nearest Sprint repair center, complain about battery life (respectfully) and they'll probably give you a extra battery. For me, 2 fully charged batteries last a whole day...almost.
Old 04-30-2009, 02:30 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
Mighty 4.16 definitely helped my battery life some, but these things really are mini laptops & battery life is basically gonna suck no matter what tweaks you make.

I imagine before this thread is too old, some clown will post that their battery lasts for 4 days (it happens every single time there is a thread like this) with some "super ROM" they are running, ignore those posts -they are total BS..............

~John
hahaha, right you are. I don't get the point of making up outrageous numbers.

But to the OP, that seems pretty normal to me. These phones are terrible when it comes to battery life. I'm planning on replacing mine the second an upgrade comes out in hopes that battery life is improved.
Old 04-30-2009, 02:33 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Compusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Compusmurf Send a message via AIM to Compusmurf Send a message via MSN to Compusmurf Send a message via Yahoo to Compusmurf

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlushFace09 View Post
BS??? I get at least 5 days of battery life with this simple hack!!!!!
Woot. Love your hack. You have a similar hack for your bluetooth headset too?

Old 04-30-2009, 02:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Touch Pro

zplit is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to zplit Send a message via MSN to zplit Send a message via Yahoo to zplit

Imao nice battery....
Old 04-30-2009, 02:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: sprint

dahray02 is keeping up the good workdahray02 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to dahray02 Send a message via Yahoo to dahray02

dude to be honest like what has been posted before....this thing eats battery its just tha physics of it....i have that mugen 1500 battery...it helped a lil, but just keep a car charger and a usb cord handy...thats all i can say

or go get something like this:

http://www.8starshop.com/en/usb-cell...n&currency=USD

or

http://shopkami.com/index.php?option...category_id=63

i saw a co-worker of mine using something similar while he was walking outside...could be nice for emergencies

Last edited by dahray02; 04-30-2009 at 02:48 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro