PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2009, 09:31 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

Eroc147 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Resco a pay app?

I have read in a lot of forums that resco is a pay app. I have file explorer, registry editor, audio recorder, brain games, and pretty much all others and havent had to pay a dime. I wasnt notified there was a trial period, is there one I dont know about?
Old 04-29-2009, 09:42 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Re: Resco a pay app?

google.... it's this new, cool thing called a search engine.

http://www.resco.net/

Why yes, those are commercial apps.
Old 04-29-2009, 11:09 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by schettj View Post
google.... it's this new, cool thing called a search engine.

http://www.resco.net/

Why yes, those are commercial apps.

Ok that was a little unnecessary I think. So I will be just as childish... Did you even read my post?? I understand its usually or supposed to be a pay app. However I have it on my phone, don't remember where I got it from, but they all seem to be fully functioning and not demos. I didn't see any notification that I was on day one of trial period etc. So once again did I somehow get lucky and get this program for free or should I expect it to stop working at some point?

Thank you again for your not at all helpful post. Anyone else that has some legitimate knowledge?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-29-2009, 11:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

RicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Do you have a custom rom installed? If so it's possible the chef included the paid for apps.
Old 04-29-2009, 11:48 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicoRich196 View Post
Do you have a custom rom installed? If so it's possible the chef included the paid for apps.
Nah just the stock rom, I just went to some site on my phone to get the explorer which came with the registry editor. Then once I got that it came with an update app and I got the other programs for free. If I did luck up I wish I could remember where I got it from to help everyone else out.
Old 04-29-2009, 11:57 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Shift 4G
Carrier: Sprint

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff

The trials last for awhile (2 weeks?) and then expire somewhat abruptly, typically when you try to use some advanced functionality (like moving files in Explorer). Resco isn't nagware so it won't bug you constantly until your time is up. I think you even get reduced functionality, not a complete shutdown, but I'm not positive.

Seems unlikely you'd have fully functional versions without paying, as the codes are tied to the device owner name field. At least when I was cooking ROMs for the Apache, you could put the program into the ROM and it would simply expire if you didn't enter the code that matched your owner name.
Old 04-30-2009, 12:00 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Intrepid
Carrier: The Now Network

rafyrod is keeping up the good workrafyrod is keeping up the good workrafyrod is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to rafyrod

that happen to me too, but with spb mobile shell 2.0 i downloaded from my phone as a trial then two weeks later i wanted to see why it was still working and appear to be registered when i didnt pay a dime for it. i thinks i just got lucky there.!
Old 04-30-2009, 03:06 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eroc147 View Post
Ok that was a little unnecessary I think.
Thank you again for your not at all helpful post. Anyone else that has some legitimate knowledge?
Dude. Really?

You have trialware, or your phone came bundled with commercial software. If its stock, then it should say somewhere in the pile of paperwork what comes with the phone and if its trialware or not.

All resco apps except the freeware ones are commercial apps. I pointed you at their site, look em up.
Old 04-30-2009, 03:52 PM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Resco Explorer has a 30 day trial.

It never informs you of this. After your 30 days is up, it won't let you do much more than navigate around and possibly open programs without telling you that you need to register.

If you hard reset more often than every 30 days, chances are, you'll never run into it.

Now, let's get our panties unbunched, kids.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro