PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2009, 12:02 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Alltel

ncwildcat is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Alltel Touch Pro to Verizon, please help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianh85 View Post
thats what i have been doing with sprint phones telling verizon to put in paper as if it was a alltel device but like u said they have merged!!

I have run into this same problem with tech support refusing to put my alltel pro onto a verizon plan. Just changing the plan and they won't do it because they would have to add my ESN to their network and they wont add any alltel esn's
Old 10-04-2009, 09:07 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Alltel Touch Pro
Carrier: verizon

medichick is a n00b

Ummmm..... we've been working for like 3 months trying to get my Alltel TP on my Verizon network. Verizon will not do it. Period!! I tried the Im gonna leave tactic no go. I tried too numerous tactics to mention here. Even though Alltel is owned by Verizon, you still need to switch to the Alltel part and lose your Verizon vontract. Hopefully soon they will merge lines and everything, but until then, the new TP2 just came out,, so thats another option.
Old 10-04-2009, 12:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: none.. -_-

Growf911 is a n00b

Hi guys, I'm having a bit of trouble with my Sprint TP. I'm on step 11 (the second one) of the guide posted by RonDutt. The download link for the DMU keys is broken. Does anyone know what I should do? I have changed a lot of settings up until that point and I fear I may have rendered the phone useless. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 10-04-2009, 03:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

ncwildcat is a n00b

I wish I could help. I talked to Verizon again today, trying to get escalated, no dice. Verizon just plain sucks in my opinion
Old 10-21-2009, 09:11 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro

msroberts29 is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to msroberts29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Growf911 View Post
Hi guys, I'm having a bit of trouble with my Sprint TP. I'm on step 11 (the second one) of the guide posted by RonDutt. The download link for the DMU keys is broken. Does anyone know what I should do? I have changed a lot of settings up until that point and I fear I may have rendered the phone useless. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks.
http://sites.google.com/site/ppcgeek...twork-tutorial

This is a link to the same guide, however the links are shown there whre you can get your missing files, I got all the files tonight on this list without problems by copy pasting links to new tab. I also saved the webpage for offline viewing in case it disappears on me.... lol

separate issue for me I have the TP on alltels network, I was told I could switch over to a verizon plan (we have 4 lines , htc touch pro, ppc6800, and 2 basic samsung phones) I had ONE person tell me I MIGHT be able to bring my TP over to verizon since its a phone they carry but when I spoke to other reps they are all saying NO , if you come to verizon you will sign a new contract, we will let you out of your current contract with Alltel without penalty, but you will need verizon equipment. I had remembered seeing this post and bookmarked it. I read through it all and and now see this might be difficult to bring my TP over to the red zone now. Also from what I understand if you have a smartphone of any sort you will need to pay an additional 29.99 for mobile web and email being unlimited on top of your plan price. I was only considering switching because of plan pricing to start out with. Now seems like a hassle. Im kinda a Noob when it comes to all this stuff with flashing the phone.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-28-2009, 12:29 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: ex TP2-->now Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

code_311 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asphyx View Post
The problem is you have to have an active altell account before Verizon will activate it on their systems.
Just having an altell branded phone is not enough.

From what I can tell, Verizon is only adding active altell ESN numbers to their system so they continue to work.

Not the case with my phone. I had it activated on my alltel account and they still are unwilling to add the esn to thier database
Old 01-30-2010, 09:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon 4G
Carrier: Relience

adventuressmalik is a n00b
Re: Convert Altel Touch Pro to Verizon network

In alltel Touch Pro, in active synch settings Check advance connections (enable). Flash hspl .25. Thereafter no COM Error
Old 01-30-2010, 09:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

eXcali is keeping up the good workeXcali is keeping up the good work
Re: Convert Altel Touch Pro to Verizon network

Quote:
Originally Posted by adventuressmalik View Post
In alltel Touch Pro, in active synch settings Check advance connections (enable). Flash hspl .25. Thereafter no COM Error
To what are you referring?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro