PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2009, 03:42 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (Previously Diamond, Touch, 6800, 6700, Dell Axims, Various iPaqs and Philips Nino)
Carrier: Sprint

k000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
6.5 ROMS - Lock without needing password unlock

Is it possible to have the phone be locked with the stock slider lock after x minutres and then not needing to use the password to unlock.

I have been trying S2U2 - but with cooked ROMs + nueDynamic I ahve been unable to take some of the incoming calls. So thinking of getting rid of S2U2....

Question is how do I have teh screen be locked on power off or afetr x minutes and then being able to use the slider (without asking for any password)

Thanks in advance
Old 04-29-2009, 04:15 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO

edufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good work
Re: 6.5 ROMS - Lock without needing password unlock

I hope this doesnt get moved to general area. It is an updated ROM specific question. The slider you are referring to is the one that comes with 6.5. I am wondering the same thing as you. The functionality you are looking for is exactly what S2U2 does... but it would be nice if we could have it built in with the WM 6.5 lock slider. If anyone can figure this out, I would love to know how.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-29-2009, 04:23 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Try this, It works great for me!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...5&d=1240657218

BTW, its CSDEVCTRL. Thread here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=386451

Last edited by mlin; 04-29-2009 at 04:25 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 04-29-2009, 04:33 PM
lwrdrchvy2

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Im using the same cab that mlin suggested and its working better than any other one I have found that is supposed to use the standard lock at all times.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-30-2009, 09:56 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (Previously Diamond, Touch, 6800, 6700, Dell Axims, Various iPaqs and Philips Nino)
Threadstarter

k000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlin View Post

What a great little proggy... thanks.

This is exactly what I was looking for !
Old 04-30-2009, 11:15 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO

edufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good work

i tried this too... but it is NOT what I was looking for. And unless I misunderstood what kooo was asking for, I dont see how it is what he was looking for either. Sure it has a lot of bells and whistles, but how exactly are we supposed to be able to get it to work without asking for the password? The goal here was to always lock under the conditions we set, but to only prompt for password on unlock IF the time period has elapsed... otherwise, just unlock. Can someone tell me how to set that?
Old 04-30-2009, 11:56 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

yohimbe35 is a n00b

Will this work with the cooper rom?
Old 04-30-2009, 12:22 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by edufur View Post
i tried this too... but it is NOT what I was looking for. And unless I misunderstood what kooo was asking for, I dont see how it is what he was looking for either. Sure it has a lot of bells and whistles, but how exactly are we supposed to be able to get it to work without asking for the password? The goal here was to always lock under the conditions we set, but to only prompt for password on unlock IF the time period has elapsed... otherwise, just unlock. Can someone tell me how to set that?
Here is how it is setup and behaves on my Touch Pro with MR5 :

Whenever I power on my TP I see the slider lock - Slider can be slid without asking for any password and it unlocks...

I had to goto CSDecCtrl folder and then the Setup.

What I selected was 'Load After Startup' and

Lock After Device Wakes (you can also choose to Lock after 'x' seconds)

There are tons of other settings that I didn't try right now as I wanted to basically check what I was after.

BTW, I had not setup my default 6.5 Lock - so you might have to take that off if you had it setup as that might be kicking in for you.
Old 04-30-2009, 12:23 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by yohimbe35 View Post
Will this work with the cooper rom?
yes - it should work with Copper too, as that is a 6.5 ROM and has the new lock that this app is calling
Old 04-30-2009, 01:11 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by edufur View Post
I think you should pay closer attention to the options in the setup. This program does EXACTLY what you are looking for...

However, you can also try this DeviceLock. It does not have as many options and for me it stops working after a few days usually, not too sure why. But here it is anyway, maybe you'll have better luck.
http://www.mr2-power.com/downloads/DeviceLock.CAB

Thread here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=305402

Last edited by mlin; 04-30-2009 at 02:03 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro