PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2009, 10:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4g
Carrier: Sprint

johnboyinfl is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
will i lose my contacts?

i had previously set up an 8525 to my computer with active sync. i now have the touch pro. if i sync my touch pro, will i lose my contacts that i have on my touch pro when they sync and be replaced by the contacts from my 8525?

i would like to sync my pictures and contacts so that i can hard reset and upgrade to the latest rom.

maybe even unlock and flash with another rom.

thanks,
jc
Old 04-29-2009, 10:47 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

blazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blazinazn
Re: will i lose my contacts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboyinfl View Post
i had previously set up an 8525 to my computer with active sync. i now have the touch pro. if i sync my touch pro, will i lose my contacts that i have on my touch pro when they sync and be replaced by the contacts from my 8525?

i would like to sync my pictures and contacts so that i can hard reset and upgrade to the latest rom.

thanks,
jc
Are you contacts sync'd with outlook? If so, I know for a fact that you won't lose your contacts on your TP. It will sync it with outlook and won't overwrite them on the TP.
Old 04-29-2009, 11:40 AM
The GrooGrux King
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

MadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to MadlyAlive

Quote:

thanks,
jc
For your pictures, just hook up via Activesync, browse to your phone and copy the pictures folder from storage to your PC. If you have a storage card, you can just copy them from your File Browser from Internal Storage to the SD card (assuming your pics are stored on Internal Storage of course).

Old 04-29-2009, 11:46 AM
College ROM Teacher ESQ
Pocket PC: College ROM iphony Killer
Carrier: $print

piranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to piranah

isnt there an option in active sync/ WMDC that lets you sync your pictures too? as far as contacts go, all the contacts you have on your cpu will be put onto your phone, it will just add to the contacts on your phone already.

if you are still worried about it, look into PIM Backup, it takes the contacts you have and stores them on your SC and you can restore them after flashing.

Help Me Help You
Old 04-29-2009, 12:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

thanks for the quick feedback and the assurance that all would go okay. i sync'd just fine. yes, my previous contacts had been sync'd with outlook. active sync asked what i would like to do. i chose to sync the contacts from the tp to the pc. that way i wouldn't screw anything up. (i know my latest info is on the tp)

there was an option to sync media. i decided that i would follow the advice and copy from the tp to the storage card or to my pc. (or both)

i have looked at pim backup. that sounds like a great suggestion. i have also been looking at some other options. spb and sprite. my understanding is that sprite is a better option for the tp.

thank you thank you thank you

johnboyinfl
Old 04-29-2009, 12:27 PM
The GrooGrux King
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

MadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to MadlyAlive

Quote:
Originally Posted by piranah View Post
isnt there an option in active sync/ WMDC that lets you sync your pictures too? as far as contacts go, all the contacts you have on your cpu will be put onto your phone, it will just add to the contacts on your phone already.

if you are still worried about it, look into PIM Backup, it takes the contacts you have and stores them on your SC and you can restore them after flashing.
Maybe in WMDC (I don't even need to use it anymore and I never used it much so I'm not sure). But ActiveSync I know that you can't sync your pictures.

You could also use something like Dashwire which syncs all your stuff online and you can view it, download, etc.

I don't like that idea too much as I'm paranoid with putting my things on someone's server on the Internet.
Old 04-29-2009, 01:29 PM
College ROM Teacher ESQ
Pocket PC: College ROM iphony Killer
Carrier: $print

piranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to piranah

Quote:
there was an option to sync media. i decided that i would follow the advice and copy from the tp to the storage card or to my pc. (or both)

i have looked at pim backup. that sounds like a great suggestion. i have also been looking at some other options. spb and sprite. my understanding is that sprite is a better option for the tp.
glad u got it working. as far as sprite goes, if you flash to different ROMs, its not a good idea to use, as there are some compatibility issues. i personally use both sprite and PIM so i can restore contacts when i flash, but if i install a program and have to hard reset, i can restore everything with sprite...
Old 04-29-2009, 11:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ToUcH PrO(free from sprint)

datboybrian is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to datboybrian Send a message via MSN to datboybrian

dashwire.com isthe best i have had over 5 tp for sprint and i download my contacts right in the car
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-01-2009, 10:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

i feel the same way in regards to dashwire. when i first heard about it, i thought it sounded really neat. after thinking about it. i feel the same way. i don't think i want all that info stored in the cloud.

it seems like everything is going that way though. has anyone tried microsoft's myphone or google snyc for winmo?

thanks again,
jc

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro