PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Few Questions/No Title (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=66793)

BikerSk8rKid 04-28-2009 11:51 PM

Few Questions/No Title

I have a few questions.

1. How to disable the wake up when you recieve a text message?

2. How to disable the recently opened programs icons under start menu?

3. How to disable the Touch Screen Keyboard?

I hate when it's in my pocket, I get a text message or phone call and it wakes up the phone, sometimes answers or does other stuff. Because it was rubbing on my pants/leg, touch screen. :(

I hate when I'm signing into FaceBook, HotMail or some other websites and the stupid Touch Screen Keyboard pops up. I don't like it and I never use it, well sometimes, but I rather I open it and not automaticly.

Thank you in advance and I'll hit the button for who ever.

Edit: I'l have more later, but this is what's on my mind/bugging me now.

Nimdock 04-29-2009 12:18 AM

Re: Few Questions/No Title

1. Use PocketShield. (Seems smoother to me than S2U2 and that's why I'm recommending it. You can try that one as well)
2. Haven't tried it.
3. Use nueNullKB to select a null soft keyboard and nueSIPDefault so that it'll stick after soft resets.

BikerSk8rKid 04-29-2009 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nimdock (Post 883560)
1. Use PocketShield. (Seems smoother to me than S2U2 and that's why I'm recommending it. You can try that one as well)
2. Haven't tried it.
3. Use nueNullKB to select a null soft keyboard and nueSIPDefault so that it'll stick after soft resets.

I like what I read about the pocketshield, thank you a lot. I just hope I download and install it right. Since I had/have a problem flashing a rom.

nueNullKB sounds like the kblight thing I use for the keyboard light. Using those two will stop from the touch keyboard poping up right?

Nimdock 04-29-2009 01:05 AM

Yup, they sound the same because they both start with "nue" and are made by the same person, hehehe, no2chem.

Nimdock 04-29-2009 01:07 AM

By the way... If you do install PocketShield... A black screen with the time will appear to lock the phone whenever you set it to do so... And if you're not quite sure what to do, you put your finger at the top of the screen and slide it all the way down. :)

BikerSk8rKid 04-29-2009 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nimdock (Post 883655)
By the way... If you do install PocketShield... A black screen with the time will appear to lock the phone whenever you set it to do so... And if you're not quite sure what to do, you put your finger at the top of the screen and slide it all the way down. :)

That's awesome, although I liked the whole hitting the power button better. LoL

now I need to find a good rom an some how flash it. I was going to use JD's before he deleted it.

What's the D-Pad? Can I some how make it to where you can hit the power button to wake up?

Edit: I didn't know I can keep thanking you, haha. Will this change my home screen or just for the lock up part?

Nimdock 04-29-2009 01:47 AM

The D-Pad is the circle button thingy and the directional buttons around it.

If you press the power button the device will indeed wake up... But it will be locked. That's to prevent things from accidentally happen if the phone is in your pocket and somehow the power button gets pressed.

BikerSk8rKid 04-29-2009 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nimdock (Post 883721)
The D-Pad is the circle button thingy and the directional buttons around it.

If you press the power button the device will indeed wake up... But it will be locked. That's to prevent things from accidentally happen if the phone is in your pocket and somehow the power button gets pressed.

That make sense, so I only have the options they give me.

I seen they have roms. What are those like? I just use my phone for
Picture Mail (main reason why I use my phone)
Texting (main reason why I use my phone)
Camera (maing reason why I use my phone)
Video (eh, but you never know)
Internet (Not really that needed, but I do like it)
Weather (kind of)
Phone (kind of)
Google maps (I love it and want to keep it)

That's it I think.

BikerSk8rKid 04-29-2009 02:50 AM

I need help installing the 3. the keyboard thing. I don't see directions and when I install it, set it and restart it goes back to the standard keyboard. So I just deleted it all. :/