PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2009, 03:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro on MetrOPCS
Carrier: MetroPCS

cdahlquistjr is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Small MetroPCS Internet Issues

I originally post this in the Re: MetroPCS Flashed Touch Pro (Juggalo's ROM) Question under CDMA Upgrades, so I'm reposting in hopes of getting a bigger audience.

So, I have a Metro PCS Touch Pro with everything working except:

Whenever I connect to the internet, I get a Resource Not Found "/wnf/t122/0/m" from http://mpcs.downloards.blue-cdp.com From there I can hit home (or enter in whatever address I want) and the internet works fine, it's more of an anoyance than a problem, but if anyone has an answer, that'd be great.

Also, Opera and IE require the Metro proxy infor to be added to the connection, but this causes Skyfire to not work. Skyfire needs the proxy turned off. Again, I can switch it between two setups (I like Opera, but Skyfire has Flahs for Hulu) so it's a bother and not a problem, but is there a way to make Opera connect to MetroProxy and Skyfire connect with MetroNoProxy automatically.

I've search, so sorry if I've missed the answer out there already. Thanks for any help.
Old 04-28-2009, 03:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Metro PCS

YouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to YouMayLose
Re: Small MetroPCS Internet Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdahlquistjr View Post

So, I have a Metro PCS Touch Pro with everything working except:

Whenever I connect to the internet, I get a Resource Not Found "/wnf/t122/0/m" from http://mpcs.downloards.blue-cdp.com From there I can hit home (or enter in whatever address I want) and the internet works fine, it's more of an anoyance than a problem, but if anyone has an answer, that'd be great.
I fixed this problem by opening the net clicking the paper looking things on the bottom right where you get the "settings" option as well as other options...click settings...click start page... black in the dot for "User-defined" and change it to http://www.google.com ... leaving off the end / and what ever else the default google has and it should fix it...
as for the other question I cant help sorry
Old 04-28-2009, 04:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro on MetrOPCS
Carrier: MetroPCS
Threadstarter

cdahlquistjr is a n00b

Nope, Opera and IE just and the ending "/" on the initial load and the error page pops up. Just to be clear though, then all i have to do is hit "Home" and Google pops up. Internet is working, it's just an annoying first page delay that I'm trying to get rid of.
Old 04-28-2009, 04:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Metro PCS

YouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to YouMayLose

yes that annoying first page error the "mpcs.download" thing is metro pcs's web trying to access your device.. the "user-defined" home page fixed it for me... the way u have it is some times metro's web will log your phone (very rarely but every once in a while) and most of the time it will error out and simply hitting home or searching a new site will work.. if the way I said didnt fix it for you sorry I dont no another way around it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro