PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2009, 01:48 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

GoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Reflash radio after flashing radio??? (hard reset effect?)

I mean we hard reset after flashing roms, why not reflash after a radio flash? (Note: it's generally recommended to hard reset your device after a rom flash. This makes sure all the settings take effect and could work out some kinks.)

Since there's no way to hard reset the radio (not that I know of at least), I thought this could be accomplished by just reflashing the same radio you just flashed. I don't know of it would do anything, but I figured it couldn't hurt.

What are your thoughts?

PPCGeeks New User Guide

Old 04-27-2009, 01:53 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves
Re: Reflash radio after flashing radio??? (hard reset effect?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodGets View Post
I mean we hard reset after flashing roms, why not reflash after a radio flash? (Note: it's generally recommended to hard reset your device after a rom flash. This makes sure all the settings take effect and could work out some kinks.)

Since there's no way to hard reset the radio (not that I know of at least), I thought this could be accomplished by just reflashing the same radio you just flashed. I don't know of it would do anything, but I figured it couldn't hurt.

What are your thoughts?
That's an interesting thought and i read your post in the radio thread the other day, but I've never noticed any ill effects after flashing a radio. I actually did flash a different radio yesterday and did the double flash. No difference noticed, but it might be a good thing to do.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:40 AM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up
Carrier: sprint

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions

I reeally think there's something to this. Twice ive done that, flashed a radio 2 times in a row, and twice everything seemed better than usual. I dont remember why i flashed two times in a row, but i do remember being plesantly surprised afterwards.
dschoenike

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:44 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

I've flashed quite a few radio's & never done this, but it certainly can't hurt & it's no big deal to do it.

~John

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro