PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2009, 01:38 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TyP0 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Need Help Unbricking my touch pro

Alrite... I'm new to this site. Well, basically i'm new to all these things (phone, etc). I tried to install a new home screen and now my phone is bricked.

Help anyone?... I'm new to this bricking/unbricking process so I might need directions dumbed-down a little..
Old 04-27-2009, 01:49 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves
Re: Need Help Unbricking my touch pro

have you tried doing a hard reset? What new home screen are you referring to? Need some details
Old 04-27-2009, 01:57 AM
Google-Search&Rescue Div.
Pocket PC: MoPho CM9/ MotoACTV / GTab 10.1(I/O LE)
Carrier: PPCGeeks/XDA

MoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to MoonZ*BabysH Send a message via Skype™ to MoonZ*BabysH

If you can get into bootloader mode, your phone is not Bricked.

Vol down button + Center D-Pad button + Power Button and while still holding all three down at same time use your stylus to poke the reset button on the botton next to where you plug it in. if you can get into the tri coloed screen your good
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-27-2009, 02:03 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

TyP0 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonzbabysh View Post

Vol down button + Center D-Pad button + Power Button and while still holding all three down at same time use your stylus to poke the reset button on the botton next to where you plug it in. if you can get into the tri coloed screen your good
Yeah i can get to that... Well, its like my phone loads and just gets to the home screen and i cant go anywhere after that. The screen doesn't respond, and none of the buttons respond. It like half-way loads the home screen, then its frozen
Old 04-27-2009, 02:03 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonzbabysh View Post

Hey moonzbabysh,
that's for doing a hard reset, not boot loader.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-27-2009, 02:10 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 7380
Carrier: sprint rated #1

beefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to beefcakeb0 Send a message via Yahoo to beefcakeb0

hard reset excludes the stylus, bootloader excludes the ok button....... if you can get to the bootloader either unlock & jump into the realm of pulling all nighters and read every tutuorial in the upgrades forum thrice and flash whichever rom you choose is bes for you(mighty rom 4.16 is the most popular), or still read and flash the stock sprint rom,

if yuo dont want to flash simply remove the battery, then leaving the phone off put the bat back in and hold the center of the dpad vol down and power for about five seconds or until the screen says press vol up to restore to manufacturer

Last edited by beefcakeb0; 04-27-2009 at 02:19 AM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 04-27-2009, 02:16 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

TyP0 is a n00b

Ayee... I hard reset it.. i backed all my files up so already so i'm good.
But, i thank all for the help though. Will refer to yall if needed.
This site is pretty helpful by the way
Old 04-27-2009, 02:20 AM
Google-Search&Rescue Div.
Pocket PC: MoPho CM9/ MotoACTV / GTab 10.1(I/O LE)
Carrier: PPCGeeks/XDA

MoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to MoonZ*BabysH Send a message via Skype™ to MoonZ*BabysH

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
Hey moonzbabysh,
that's for doing a hard reset, not boot loader.
Quote:
Originally Posted by beefcakeb0 View Post
hard reset excludes the stylus, bootloader excludes the ok button....... if you can get to the bootloader either jump into the realm of pulling all nighters and read every tutuorial in the upgrades forum thrice and flash whichever rom you choose is bes for you(mighty rom 4.16 is the most popular), or still read and flash the stock sprint rom,

if yuo dont want to flash simply remove the battery, then leaving the phone off put the bat back in and hold the center of the dpad vol down and power for about five seconds or until the screen says press vol up to restore to manufacturer
thanks, your right fellas, OP my bad. Started off my thought on hard reset then mixed with Bootloader. lol i havent taken my ginseng today lol
good luck bro.

OP also if you havent already start a thread in the Intro section and tell us a bit about your self so that we can officially welcome you.

Last edited by MoonZ*BabysH; 04-27-2009 at 12:13 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro