PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Need Help Unbricking my touch pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=66538)

TyP0 04-27-2009 01:38 AM

Need Help Unbricking my touch pro

Alrite... I'm new to this site. Well, basically i'm new to all these things (phone, etc). I tried to install a new home screen and now my phone is bricked.

Help anyone?... I'm new to this bricking/unbricking process so I might need directions dumbed-down a little..

razorloves 04-27-2009 01:49 AM

Re: Need Help Unbricking my touch pro

have you tried doing a hard reset? What new home screen are you referring to? Need some details

MoonZ*BabysH 04-27-2009 01:57 AM

If you can get into bootloader mode, your phone is not Bricked.

Vol down button + Center D-Pad button + Power Button and while still holding all three down at same time use your stylus to poke the reset button on the botton next to where you plug it in. if you can get into the tri coloed screen your good

TyP0 04-27-2009 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moonzbabysh (Post 879319)

Vol down button + Center D-Pad button + Power Button and while still holding all three down at same time use your stylus to poke the reset button on the botton next to where you plug it in. if you can get into the tri coloed screen your good

Yeah i can get to that... Well, its like my phone loads and just gets to the home screen and i cant go anywhere after that. The screen doesn't respond, and none of the buttons respond. It like half-way loads the home screen, then its frozen

razorloves 04-27-2009 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moonzbabysh (Post 879319)

Hey moonzbabysh,
that's for doing a hard reset, not boot loader.

beefcakeb0 04-27-2009 02:10 AM

hard reset excludes the stylus, bootloader excludes the ok button....... if you can get to the bootloader either unlock & jump into the realm of pulling all nighters and read every tutuorial in the upgrades forum thrice and flash whichever rom you choose is bes for you(mighty rom 4.16 is the most popular), or still read and flash the stock sprint rom,

if yuo dont want to flash simply remove the battery, then leaving the phone off put the bat back in and hold the center of the dpad vol down and power for about five seconds or until the screen says press vol up to restore to manufacturer

TyP0 04-27-2009 02:16 AM

Ayee... I hard reset it.. i backed all my files up so already so i'm good.
But, i thank all for the help though. Will refer to yall if needed.
This site is pretty helpful by the way

MoonZ*BabysH 04-27-2009 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by razorloves (Post 879328)
Hey moonzbabysh,
that's for doing a hard reset, not boot loader.

Quote:

Originally Posted by beefcakeb0 (Post 879334)
hard reset excludes the stylus, bootloader excludes the ok button....... if you can get to the bootloader either jump into the realm of pulling all nighters and read every tutuorial in the upgrades forum thrice and flash whichever rom you choose is bes for you(mighty rom 4.16 is the most popular), or still read and flash the stock sprint rom,

if yuo dont want to flash simply remove the battery, then leaving the phone off put the bat back in and hold the center of the dpad vol down and power for about five seconds or until the screen says press vol up to restore to manufacturer

thanks, your right fellas, OP my bad. Started off my thought on hard reset then mixed with Bootloader. lol i havent taken my ginseng today lol
good luck bro.

OP also if you havent already start a thread in the Intro section and tell us a bit about your self so that we can officially welcome you.