PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2009, 01:53 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

lilbitz_1018 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlilbitz_1018 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlilbitz_1018 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlilbitz_1018 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to lilbitz_1018
Arrow ROM Flashing anxiety (dont kill me)

Hi guys, first of all heres a free THANK YOU button.::THANK YOU:: lol click it as a thanks from me. You guys are awesome at responding as best as possible.

I've been lurking around for a little now and done some reading and learning (without trying) from other people's mistakes. I've gone down the line of WM phones and now own a TP (out of toilet paper tho -_-).
I've also done some cab downloading and registry tweaks and I'm satisfied with my phone but somehow, surprisingly I havent flashed a ROM and I'm addicted to hearing about it!
I really want to try it and I'm good with the instructions provided, however I'm realllyyy anxious so I'd like for someone to tell me straight up which ROM could provide a few things I'd like. (if at all possible).

I've already flashed to the Telus Radio to see if my battery life would change. (small change).
Which custom ROM would be best to.
1. Keep most of the useful apps the Sprint TP came with.
2. Keep GPS and Weather updates and all other connections working (no data timeouts).
3. Not loaded with ALOT of games (I'd like battery life-teeter's fine)
4. Useful registry tweaks
5. Updated Opera Build.
6. TF3D working fine (dont really care too much for 6.5)
7. Least complains and bugs (atleast less than stock does)
8. Something that I dont have to constantly be searching for updates.

I hope thats not too much. Overall, what I'm searching for is a custom ROM that has most of the Stock stuff but included registry tweaks and programs that can make it run smoother and have a good improvement on overheating and battery life.

THANK YOU SOO MUCH IN ADVANCE.
Old 04-27-2009, 01:58 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves
Re: ROM Flashing anxiety (dont kill me)

I think Mighty Rom 4.16 is a really solid rom. It's windows 6.1 and he provides the cab files to install your sprint software. Did you look at all the different roms to choose from in the upgrade section?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-27-2009, 01:58 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO
Carrier: SPRINT

wILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to wILLk0r3 818 Send a message via Yahoo to wILLk0r3 818

I'm on Mighty 4.16 and I don't think I'm going anywhere else anytime soon. I do flash around frequently but I always end up reverting to my backed up setup on Mighty 4.16.
* ROM and Radio combinations change regularly *

http://www.speedtest.net/result/562969487.png

Last edited by wILLk0r3 818; 04-27-2009 at 02:01 AM.
Old 04-27-2009, 02:15 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

lilbitz_1018 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlilbitz_1018 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlilbitz_1018 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlilbitz_1018 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Thanks for the quick responses. I have and still am right now looking at ROMs in the Upgrades. So far, it looks like Mighty 4.16 is in the lead? lol. I've heard quite a bit about Juicy's ROM also and it seems well liked. In a nutshell, does it have advantages over Mighty's or are they about the same more-or-less?
Old 04-27-2009, 02:23 AM
VIP Member

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level

It depends which Juicy rom you're talkin about. His latest is windows 6.5 and the touch pro 2 manila, so there are some problems.
Old 04-27-2009, 02:32 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
It depends which Juicy rom you're talkin about. His latest is windows 6.5 and the touch pro 2 manila, so there are some problems.
Okay cool I see. I'm somewhat scared to go to 6.5 because I don't wanna have all the bugs to deal with but I'm noticing what I have to do. I need to start flashing around and seeing what I like.

Thanks Again
Old 04-27-2009, 02:34 AM
Google-Search&Rescue Div.
Pocket PC: MoPho CM9/ MotoACTV / GTab 10.1(I/O LE)
Carrier: PPCGeeks/XDA

MoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to MoonZ*BabysH Send a message via Skype™ to MoonZ*BabysH

ide have to agree either Mighty 4.16 Juicys 0321H or Merdins last one that just came out (not the 6.5 but the one right before w TF3D)

also if you get a clean Rom you can get all the program you usually use or want in .Cab form. just a thought
Old 04-27-2009, 02:37 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

ICU812 is just getting started

same here....I keep flashing around to try new stuff but by the end of the day I always flash back to Mighty 4.16.

I did my first flash a few weeks ago and now I ask myself why I was afraid in the first place.

Go for it.
Old 04-27-2009, 02:42 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

I have alot of the .cabs i need still on SD because I usually run them from there so i figured I'd load what I need in the case of a clean ROM

and ICU812 I think I'll end up saying the same thing! I'm addicted and I haven't even done my 1st flash. I think I'm gonna try out Mighty 4.16 right now.

LETS HOPE I DONT HAVE A DECORATION FOR MY COMPUTER DESK =0
Old 04-27-2009, 02:50 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbitz_1018 View Post
I have alot of the .cabs i need still on SD because I usually run them from there so i figured I'd load what I need in the case of a clean ROM

and ICU812 I think I'll end up saying the same thing! I'm addicted and I haven't even done my 1st flash. I think I'm gonna try out Mighty 4.16 right now.

LETS HOPE I DONT HAVE A DECORATION FOR MY COMPUTER DESK =0
Since you've already flashed a radio, then the hardest part (unlocking) is already out of the way. Flashing the mighty rom is simple and painless. Let us know if you need any help.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro