PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2009, 09:45 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

deadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to deadwrong03 Send a message via MSN to deadwrong03 Send a message via Yahoo to deadwrong03 Send a message via Skype™ to deadwrong03
Question Upgrade To Newer Touch Flo 3D?

Im interested in having the newer version of Touch Flo 3D from the Touch Pro 2/HD/Diamond 2 on my Verizon Touch Pro. Is it possible to add this to the stock ROM that comes on verizons pro or would you absolutely have to flash the rom?

I've never flashed a rom before so i was wondering what are the advantages/disadvantages of flashing from the stock ROM? when u flash do you still get all the applications that came on the stock rom? how do you go back to the stock rom if u wanted to take the phone back to the store or whatever?

has anyone successfully added the newer touch flo 3d on a verizon touch pro? how does it work? any problems or anything?
thanks for any help
Old 04-24-2009, 10:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TheUltimateDroid Blue Midnight X Theme. Slayer1.6

rossi636 is keeping up the good workrossi636 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Upgrade To Newer Touch Flo 3D?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadwrong03 View Post
Im interested in having the newer version of Touch Flo 3D from the Touch Pro 2/HD/Diamond 2 on my Verizon Touch Pro. Is it possible to add this to the stock ROM that comes on verizons pro or would you absolutely have to flash the rom?

I've never flashed a rom before so i was wondering what are the advantages/disadvantages of flashing from the stock ROM? when u flash do you still get all the applications that came on the stock rom? how do you go back to the stock rom if u wanted to take the phone back to the store or whatever?

has anyone successfully added the newer touch flo 3d on a verizon touch pro? how does it work? any problems or anything?
thanks for any help

YOU DON'T NEED TO FLASH A ROM TO GET THIS. MAKE SURE THAT YOU HAVE THE CORRECT NETFRAMWORK ON YOUR TP. I BELIEVE YOU NEED AT LEAST 2.0 HERES THE POST. FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS. GOOD LUCK

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=493531
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-24-2009, 10:17 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

deadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to deadwrong03 Send a message via MSN to deadwrong03 Send a message via Yahoo to deadwrong03 Send a message via Skype™ to deadwrong03

thanks ill give this all a try
Old 04-24-2009, 11:25 AM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

im not sure if its absolutley necessary but the developers highly recommend you have a build of at least 21000. may cause some issues but give it shot regardless
Old 04-25-2009, 02:24 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

well when i tried it it worked great all the new features buy my data was turned off on the phone and would not make phone calls or send txts so i jus did a hard reset and went back to my old touch flo 3d....its a nice feature to have maybe ill get a ROM with it already on tthere once i can ever figure out the whoole how to do roms thing
Old 04-25-2009, 02:40 AM
the World Watcher
Pocket PC: LG Optimus
Carrier: Sprint

strra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to strra

as far as the "how to do roms thing", i'll try to help
i will quote a couple threads here to make something a little more cohesive. Follow these steps and you should be golden.
it seems that the most popular roms right now are Juicy 7 and Mighty 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonex View Post
preparations before flash:

1) make sure you have .NET framework installed on your PC! if not, get it from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en
2) if you have vista, WMDC update is recommended: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...ce-center.mspx
3) now decide which Hard-SPL you want to flash. if you have Verizon, flash VZW package (Verizon_HSPL_Package.zip). if you have Sprint, Telus or Alltel or Bell, flash default package (Raphael_CDMA_HSPL_037.zip).

instructions:

1) download Hard-SPL package from above, extract to an empty folder.
2) you must Have Phone Synced with PC in Windows Mobile!
3) run HardSPL exe that you downloaded before.
4) follow steps in the RUU, and check on the device for prompts after PC shows loading bar.
5) it should go to tricolour screen now and say 0.25.C-SSPL or for Verizon devices it should say 0.35-C-SSPL.
6) SPL flashes, device automatically reboots, job done.
7) to confirm you got it installed, go into bootloader mode (tricolour screen!) and verify the screen shows 0.35.CMONEX or 0.37.CMONEX (or 0.25.CMONEX MFG).
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakdillard View Post
How to Flash Via PC:

1. download ruu.zip
2. unzip to your desktop
3. then in the newly created RUU directory add the rom of your choice - (copy the RUU_Signed.nbh to desktop\RUU)
4. Establish active sync connection (this is the most important step).
5. Run ROMUpdateUtility.exe and follow the steps on screen to flash ROM.
6. Once the phone reboots, go through Windows Mobile setup and let it finish.
7. Perform a hard reset (hold power, volume down, and center d-pad).
8. Complete the Windows Mobile setup and start using your new ROM!

Last edited by strra; 04-27-2009 at 08:53 PM.
Old 04-27-2009, 11:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G On The Now Network From Sprint
Carrier: Sprint

rydah805 is keeping up the good workrydah805 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

i have a question, how do you upgrade your manila build???
Radio: 2.05.00.06.10

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro