PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2009, 06:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

busnetdown is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question about Roms and Radios

I did my first ROM flash the other night, and now I was searching around and noticed that there are different versions of radios that can be used.

I could not find a good how-to on upgrading a radio. Can anyone point me at a good how-to to try out a few radios on my touch pro?
Old 04-26-2009, 06:04 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves
Re: Question about Roms and Radios

Quote:
Originally Posted by busnetdown View Post
I did my first ROM flash the other night, and now I was searching around and noticed that there are different versions of radios that can be used.

I could not find a good how-to on upgrading a radio. Can anyone point me at a good how-to to try out a few radios on my touch pro?
it's pretty much the same as flashing a rom. just make sure you use a radio from this thread here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=46616.
How did you do your first rom flash?
Old 04-26-2009, 06:19 PM
VIP n00b
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

Rusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Rusty Duck
Re: Question about Roms and Radios

I tend to flash using the SD card:

Flash from microSD Card (Thanks to MadlyAlive):

1. Make sure you backup anything that is necessary to your day to day operations! At a minimum, please perform an ActiveSync to Outlook or your Exchange server prior to flashing!
2. Rename the custom ROM NBH file from RUU_Signed.nbh to RAPHIMG.nbh
3. Copy RAPHIMG.nbh to the root of your microSD Card.
4. Hold the Volume Down and Power button simultaneously. While you're still holding those 2 buttons, press the reset button with your stylus.
5. When your Touch Pro tells you to do so, press the power button to begin the flash process. If you do not get the message to press the power button to flash, there is a mistake in the name of the NBH file or you do not have the file at the root of your microSD card.
6. When flashing is complete, perform a soft reset.

This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro