PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   WinMo 6.5 Sprint TP on VZW? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=66466)

chaseacej 04-26-2009 01:34 PM

WinMo 6.5 Sprint TP on VZW?

As the title states, I have a Sprint TP on VZW currently and is working great. I want to tryout a winmo 6.5 rom and was wondering if anyone has this working yet or know the best rom to do it with.

Thanks.

purian23 04-26-2009 02:10 PM

Re: WinMo 6.5 Sprint TP on VZW?

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaseacej (Post 878032)
As the title states, I have a Sprint TP on VZW currently and is working great. I want to tryout a winmo 6.5 rom and was wondering if anyone has this working yet or know the best rom to do it with.

Thanks.

Sorry nO answer for ya, but your saying you have a sprint tp, with a verizon service plan?, on verizon's service?

BPFerrari1 04-26-2009 02:25 PM

Take a look mid-post:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...29&postcount=4

I don't have have the same set-up as you, but I'm sure all the information you need can be found here or asked in the thread itself. As far as being the best ROM, you just have to flash and test which ROM suits your needs the best, but this will be a good start for you.

EDIT: My bad, I answered incorrectly. I guess part of the information you need can be found mid-post. But since you are on a Sprint TP, you can basically go for any 6.5 ROM, just flash and try, each is to their own liking so that's the only way to see which is the best.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaseacej (Post 878032)

Thanks.

michaelbrandonw 04-26-2009 02:53 PM

Just make sure that after flashing you DO NOT use the "Clear Storage" hardreset or you will loose your VZW activation and will have a heck of a time getting the MEID/ESN back on their database. Make sure you only hard re-set using the hardware keys.

RonDutt 04-26-2009 06:07 PM

Save the AA/HAA auth keys and the 10.key file (via QPST) and you can flash whatever rom you want safely. If you phones ESN/MEID has been put into the DMD, don't even need to bother with that then.

chaseacej 04-27-2009 01:40 PM

So as long as I DONT use the clear storage option the phone will not need to be reactivated?

Adrianh85 08-14-2009 05:16 PM

we should start a sprint tp on verizon network group on facebook!!! just to piss off verizon!!! i already posted a review on verizons device list after i actived my tp stating the spint tp is better thats why i bought one and converted it on the network!lmao

rstoyguy 08-14-2009 06:56 PM

Moved to the HTC Touch Pro Forum.

janko10 08-14-2009 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaseacej (Post 880091)
So as long as I DONT use the clear storage option the phone will not need to be reactivated?

Yeah you're fine. I was worried as well but I flashed to Mighty's 6.5 rom and it worked great. I didn't loose data or anything.

As everyone else said, just don't do use clear storage.

I sold my Sprint TP on VZW but while I had it I didn't have any issues flashing.

mikenerd 08-14-2009 09:41 PM

No problems here. Running Juicy 8 just fine. One thing to note, you may need to install mms for Verizon after you flash. You can get that program (arcsoft) from the first or second post of the 6.5 version of Mightyrom. it's under tips for Verizon users. It will integrate into you messaging meaning it's not a seperate program. It will be just like your stock mms.