PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2009, 03:03 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

deadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to deadwrong03 Send a message via MSN to deadwrong03 Send a message via Yahoo to deadwrong03 Send a message via Skype™ to deadwrong03
Frustration With Changing Roms

Im trying to upgrade my rom (vzw stock rom) to the Juicy rom with the new touch flo 3d from the touch pro 2 and running into problems

i did the hard spl sucessfully downloaded the rom which was a rar file with the following files

Custom_RUU
ModelID.fig
PagePool_Changer
RUU_signed.nbh

my problem is which one of these files is the actual ROM file? and where do i go from here? it says on the guides to copy the ROM to the RUU folder (i had downloaded a RUU app already ) but i dont even know what the ROM file looks like or if i even had one

completely lost here can anyone guide me...and also what does the Hard SPL do?
Old 04-25-2009, 03:08 PM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx
Re: Frustration With Changing Roms

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadwrong03 View Post
Im trying to upgrade my rom (vzw stock rom) to the Juicy rom with the new touch flo 3d from the touch pro 2 and running into problems

i did the hard spl sucessfully downloaded the rom which was a rar file with the following files

Custom_RUU
ModelID.fig
PagePool_Changer
RUU_signed.nbh

my problem is which one of these files is the actual ROM file? and where do i go from here? it says on the guides to copy the ROM to the RUU folder (i had downloaded a RUU app already ) but i dont even know what the ROM file looks like or if i even had one

the rom is already in that folder, roms are .nbh files.
now you would run pagepool changer (i would set it to 8-10 for juicy) locate the rom file. and change it to what you would like. then click on Custom_RUU and it will proceed to flash the rom for you.
i wouldnt suggest juicy for the verizon touch pro as it uses up way too much ram.
check out lllboredllls rom, ssk, or most other roms, Make sure you set the Pagepool to 8-12 on the roms
Old 04-25-2009, 03:14 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

deadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to deadwrong03 Send a message via MSN to deadwrong03 Send a message via Yahoo to deadwrong03 Send a message via Skype™ to deadwrong03

thanks i think that definately did the trick its updating now i was sittin here like a hour and a half stuck not knowing what to do. if i wanted to go back to the stock verizon rom how would i get back to that? just a hard reset? or something more? and what does the hard spl mean? what does that do?
Old 04-25-2009, 03:22 PM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

Quote:
thanks i think that definately did the trick its updating now i was sittin here like a hour and a half stuck not knowing what to do. if i wanted to go back to the stock verizon rom how would i get back to that? just a hard reset? or something more? and what does the hard spl mean? what does that do?
a hard reset will just restore your phone to when you last flashed it, it will erase all data and tweaks you did. So if you hard reset with juicy it just brings it back to how it was after you flashed juicy rom.
if you wanted to go back to stock, there is a sticky at the top of CDMA Touch Pro upgrades called Stock rom links, download the verizon shipped rom, run the program and it will bring you back to stock.
Hard Spl is just the unlocker for the phone
btw you only have to unlock the phone once

if you have any other questions feel free to hit me up on msn
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-25-2009, 11:57 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

when you flash your rom if u find another rom u want to try do u have to go back to stock then flash to the new rom or can u simply go from rom to rom without having to revert back to stock rom?
Old 04-26-2009, 12:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

zplit is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to zplit Send a message via MSN to zplit Send a message via Yahoo to zplit

no deadwrong u dont need to go back to ur stock rom... just flash like u did the 1st flash... remember back up ur stuff before flashin.
Old 04-26-2009, 12:14 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro
Carrier: VZW

lblacklol is a n00b

Quote:

Custom_RUU
ModelID.fig
PagePool_Changer
RUU_signed.nbh

With VZW Touch Pro I suggest not trying Juicy. Great rom from what I hear but it's just too rough on memory for the Verizon Touch Pro, since it has less RAM. MightyROM is supposed to be good as long as you set the Page Pool to 10-12. I personally highly recommend SSK, as I tried a few and settled on SSK for its usability without killing the memory. http://www.sskusers.com

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro