PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   All new yorkers (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=66389)

nyclegend20 04-25-2009 02:58 PM

All new yorkers

hey
everyone in new york can you reply with which radio your using and whats working best
i tried
the verizon one and stock sprint both seem the same
i tried the new touch pro rom from the diamond and it works the same just kills more battery

what are you using
idk if telus is any good in new york

entwined82 04-25-2009 03:18 PM

Re: All new yorkers

Its great in the suburbs of NJ an hour from the city.

I'd try Telus out. Worst that happens is you just flash back to the stock radio.

jringo718 04-25-2009 04:03 PM

Out in Queens, Manhattan and the BX I was using the Telus one which was pretty good with battery but a little unstable with the signal strength then I went to the leaked Diamond one I think (ending in 11F) which was pretty solid except data was rather slow, so I went back and forth a few more times and decided to stick with the Telus because of the "supposedly" faster data I was experiencing.

Terencec 04-25-2009 05:09 PM

I am in the Boogie down, Queens, LI, and the city. And I have no issues with signal strength or dropped calls using the Telus.

Mighty 4.16 and Telus

ou2mame 04-25-2009 07:07 PM

i'm on the north shore of long island, and have great reception with the telus radio, in places where i didn't with the stock.

hibby50 04-25-2009 07:17 PM

im in nj, union county, and telus

neles86 04-25-2009 07:24 PM

I'm in buffalo, NY and I'm using the telus 1.04.05v radio...So far i get slightly better reception with this radio than the sprint stock one. I also notice better battery life as well.

daintyboy609 04-25-2009 07:30 PM

NYC, telus radio

Vertigo 04-25-2009 07:33 PM

East Long Island... Telus!

yerp 04-25-2009 08:25 PM

interesting.....i'm curious whether you guys are suffering from placeboitus....afaik, the telus radio is the newest and shiniest for our devices.....

i'm also in jersey....and between home, work, girl, friends, and parents, i'm literally all over Jersey all the time. i freaking canvas this state on a bi-weekly basis, no joke....frequent trips to NYC and sometimes Philly to boot. for the short time i tried it, i found the telus radio to be worse on the battery.....but you guys have me wondering whether it was the ROM i was running at the time.

one thing is for sure though....i live in outside of Atlantic City, and at home the Sprint shipped radio gives me the best signal by a consistant 2-bar difference. it was also getting better signal at the girl's in cherry hill and the parent's in west trenton....

this seemingly overwhelming nod to telus had me second guessing though.....maybe if i get bored enough i'll give it another try.