PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2009, 05:27 PM
College ROM Teacher ESQ
Pocket PC: College ROM iphony Killer
Carrier: $print

piranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to piranah
Re: Cannot remove Programs

seems like a known issue....Scrosler figured it out, i havent had the problem but try this: all thanks should go to him by the way....and thanks ibmxx187 for finding the info as well....

Quote:
Yah, I figured it out... It was a security setting that was in the AutoRUN OEM.
Here are the default values:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policies\Policies]
"00001001"=dword:00000001
"00001005"=dword:00000040
"0000101A"=dword:00000001
"0000101C"=dword:00000001

I removed the three lines and left the
"0000101A"=dword:00000001

IM pretty sure its the 1005 line causing the issue. Becarful when playing because these values can also knowck out SD AutoRUN ;c( So I know at aminimum you need the 101A key. Not sure about the others.

Help Me Help You
Old 04-30-2009, 06:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Alltel Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

AceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by drlovety View Post
I cannot remove prgorams from the "Remove Programs" under Settings. There is nothing in the list, no number in the "...memory available:" I have restarted, soft restarted and removed the storage card. Any ideas?

Thanks!
Quote:
There is nothing in my program list. I now can't even install programs...??? The status bar starts and then quickly says install unsuccessful.
Quote:
Ok, I can't delete .cab files, error pops up saying "Access is Denied" "Be certain that the file is not write-protected and is not currently in use."
Quote:
I get an error when installing over activesync also, I cannot install or delete programs. How crazy! I have not installed any TF3D. The last thing I installed was Last.FM and by the afternoon I couldn't install anything...crazy!
Quote:
Ok, still no fix. So I connected my phone via USB to view some pics but Windows popped up saying it did not have privileges to show my photos. So what I am thinking is that my phone is locked or encrypted or something. This is preventing me from installing program and look at my photos. If I pull the mem card and put it directly in my computer it reads it just fine. But via USB I do not have privileges to view photos on my internal mem or mem card. Any ideas? I know there is a encryption setting on the settings but it's unchecked and looks like it's only for the mem card. ?? THANKS!
Quote:
Stock Rom, I'm thing about doing a hard reset but rather not...thanks!
Quote:
Well the last program I installed was last.fm but a hard reset did fix it? but it's back? dang!
Dude, dunno if this is late or not, but unless that last post magically fixed it, your phone is ****ed. Regardless if you want to or not, you need to hard reset. Thats too many issues to try and track down (unless, again, that last post by piranah fixed it in which case you are lucky).
Old 04-30-2009, 08:27 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

drlovety is a n00b

That above reg edit did NOT work!! Bummer! I am sooo lucky that MS myphone backed everything UP! dang lucky! But still cannot do anything. I think it's time to try some custom roms. THANKS FOR THE HELP!
Old 05-01-2009, 07:13 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Blackberry Tour
Carrier: sprint

facemob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfacemob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfacemob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfacemob is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to facemob

imma try the regedit and see if it works... i think its a program that screws with the phone cause i cant think of anyreason why this glitch would comeback after a hard reset

EDIT: i did the regedit and my 00001005 value was different from 40... it was 64 and i switched it to 40 and i can install again... now to figure out what changes the value in the first place

Last edited by facemob; 05-01-2009 at 07:21 AM.
Old 06-17-2009, 11:56 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

MongarEric is a n00b

This happened to me, I think after I opened the program TouchPro Tweak. I remember looking at a setting to disable the not-certified warning. It was already set to "disabled", so I didn't change anything. But before I had ever run this program, everything installed great.

I tried deleting the reg keys as suggested in piranah's post, but that just resulted in me getting the "not-certified" warning when I try to install cabs. When I try facemob's suggestion of setting the value of 00001005 to 40, it goes back to just saying the installation was unsuccessful when I try to install a cab file. I feel like I'm getting close.

Last edited by MongarEric; 06-17-2009 at 12:54 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro