PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2009, 12:18 AM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: How do I install Telenav instead of Sprint Navigation?

How do you get your Sprint PIN then? Telenav's site gave me a pin that was the same as the last 4 digits of my phone number (I entered e-mail only).
Old 05-23-2009, 06:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: To use possible features of my phone
Carrier: Sprint

newbie2398 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

my navigation does not work after Migthy ROM 5 installed. So I went ahead and follow the step here and getting the same issue. If I put the pin which is last four digit of phone number, It says Trial Expired. Sign up or call 88.Telenav.4

Anybody could help me out?

BTW, I had Sprint Navigation working before MR5 upgrade.

Thank you in advance.
Old 05-27-2009, 05:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

bucksommerkamp is a n00b

Same here. If you call TeleNav, they say "call Sprint." If you call Sprint, they have no idea and try to send you a link to a nonexistent page which would theoretically get you a download to Sprint Navigation again. Grrr.
Old 05-27-2009, 08:16 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 | HTC Hero

appzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to appzattak Send a message via MSN to appzattak Send a message via Yahoo to appzattak Send a message via Skype™ to appzattak

i can confirm that the Telenav version does not "fully" work. I installed it on my TP with psyki's rom and I was able to do a search, find a location and when I hit go to drive to it I would then get a "your account is expired". I called Telenav and Sprint. Both could not get it working. I got the Sprint Navigator and installed it, it updated and it works flawlessly. Telenav branded version does not "fully" work.
Old 05-27-2009, 08:38 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVOlution!

heydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to heydjbobby74 Send a message via Yahoo to heydjbobby74 Send a message via Skype™ to heydjbobby74

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipertk8 View Post
That is true but if you have the sprint nav in your plan it doesn't cost anything.....use the link that Nxtech3 posted (ty for that) and download it to your PPC. As long as you have your PIN number you are good to go.

TK

I second that, I have the simply everything plan with Sprint, and it doesn't cost anything to use Telenav, I just log in using my pin that I have with Sprint Nav and voila!

http://www.heydjbobby.com/
Audiovox 6700> Samsung i760> HTC Touch Pro> HTC Touch Pro2> HTC HeRooted> HTC EVOlutionized!
Old 05-27-2009, 09:03 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Shift 4G

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff

I've read on another forum that using Telenav does cost $9.99 after 30 days even if you have Sprint Nav on the account (Simply *). He indicated that Sprint tech support said the charge was for "Telenav" rather than "Sprint Navigation" and that they were in fact distinct. Not sure who to believe, but I don't happen to care enough to find out. Just saying be prepared. This might also be one of those cases where if you ask 3 reps the same question you get 4 different answers, all of which are correct and yet all the others are wrong. You know how it is.
Old 05-27-2009, 09:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

a_c_s is keeping up the good worka_c_s is keeping up the good worka_c_s is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDrake View Post
Yes they are 100% the same when it comes to service. Telenav just looks better and costs extra per month, which I think is pretty dumb.
TeleNav does not cost extra...I put 5.16 on my touch pro and use the same log-in as I use for Sprint Nav with no problems whatsoever...TeleNav just has much better looking graphics on the VGA phone...
Old 05-27-2009, 09:28 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Shift 4G

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_c_s View Post
TeleNav does not cost extra...I put 5.16 on my touch pro and use the same log-in as I use for Sprint Nav with no problems whatsoever...TeleNav just has much better looking graphics on the VGA phone...
That's a good sign. How long have you been using it without paying anything extra?
Old 05-27-2009, 10:21 PM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_c_s View Post
TeleNav's login is different.

Sprint Navigation asks for First/Last name and e-mail.

Telenav only asks for a PIN number.

Your Telenav is going to expire in a month.
Old 07-25-2009, 09:11 PM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Pocket PC: HTC Evo & TP2
Carrier: SpRinT

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JDM_SOHC

well its been almost 2 months and my telenav is still running perfect... =) and i havent been charged a penny.. someone musta gave u some wrong info...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro