PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2009, 05:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

spectaprod is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy htc touch pro camera troubles

I've searched the forums looking for reports of similar problem that I'm experience to no avail (btw, does anyone else find the search wonky, I'd get a thread in the search results, and search that thread for the same keyword and get one post that didn't include that keyword).

The trouble all started a few days ago when I was experiencing the inability to answer phone calls when the data connection was live. I came across the possibility that advanced config was the culprit. So I unchecked that box you were supposed to uncheck, and reset advanced config (which leads me to a second question, I have DiamonTweak and Diamond TF3D Config installed, also, am I likely suffering conflicts between them?).

The settings for advanced config didn't reset as I expected, so I went through the entire list and set everything back to default.

The phone answering issue went away, but it was after that I noticed the camera problem (yes I had originally enabled some of those extra modes).

The camera operates as normal until the picture is taken. Selecting any option cause that twirling color ball to take up residence over the taken image, the only option that eventually comes to fruition is the delete (and even then there has been some wierdness today). Every other choice just eventually sputters out and you'd have no idea I'd taken a picture of anything.

Regarding the delete, earlier today I was messing with the camera, I had just deleted the last picture it had taken (from a few days ago - after the trouble started, and the only picture I've been able to take and save since the trouble started) and thought the camera had worked, only to find out that it had merely saved the image I'd just deleted, and not even saved it well but with the bottom 20 pixels now on the top of the image. I tried deleting the image from the album, from the file explorer, and still that same image kept getting saved with each photo attempt. That stopped after a soft reset. But the camera still doesn't work.

I've since completely uninstalled Advanced Config, but with no change to camera function.

Any thoughts about how to undo what I've done? And what did I do that caused this anyway?
Old 04-22-2009, 06:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

jtvgeo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjtvgeo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjtvgeo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjtvgeo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjtvgeo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: htc touch pro camera troubles

have you try hard resetting your phone
Old 04-22-2009, 09:26 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

spectaprod is a n00b

I've tried to hard reset, and I must be an idiot, because I never get the instructions to press vol up to hard reset, the phone just boots. I've tried both using the reset button and from the off position, I've held the center button and vol down until my hand cramps and tried it 4 times in the last bit, nothing. Is there another way to reset, a trick that I'm missing, is it all a practical joke that I'm not in on yet?
Old 04-22-2009, 09:31 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

Compusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Compusmurf Send a message via AIM to Compusmurf Send a message via MSN to Compusmurf Send a message via Yahoo to Compusmurf

under settings, there's an option called "clear storage"

That will hard reset your phone back to the day it was new.

Careful with the settings in A.C. and/or Diamond Tweak. Some of the settings are NOT for the TP in CDMA.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-22-2009, 09:55 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

spectaprod is a n00b

is there a list somewhere of which settings are not for CDMA? I don't want to do this to my phone a 2nd time

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro