PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2009, 01:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Verizon

entwined82 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularentwined82 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularentwined82 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Bad phone? Weird problems

So my Touch Pro is acting weird. So far this morning the LCD has gone white, turned it off and back on and it was fine..then another time I turned it on and it was as if it was in a mirror, everything was reversed. My keyboard is a bit laggy too. Anyone else come across all 3 issues?

Stock rom, basic hacks done..registry battery entries, no2chem's dynamicclock, flipclock and a few other basic apps installed. Nothing drastic done.
Old 04-22-2009, 01:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

ProtoProtoss is just getting started
Re: Bad phone? Weird problems

I've heard the dynamicclock one makes it have the mirror view sometimes for some reason. Not sure about the others. The only way to be sure about the phone having problems or not is to have found those problems with it using the normal rom it came with. Flash it back to the default rom or so and use it for like a week and see if any of those problems come, then add the hacks and stuff gradually, noting any changes you see under same typical usage you would normally use anyways. That's about the best way you can find out.

Last edited by ProtoProtoss; 04-22-2009 at 01:55 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-22-2009, 01:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

entwined82 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularentwined82 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularentwined82 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I am using the stock rom
Old 04-22-2009, 03:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro(XV6850)

apoirier594 is becoming a great contributor

do you have everything backed up use pim backup or something similar. Back up everything except for the programs you think are messing it up. Look them up and see which ones have issues. After that I would do a hard reset on the phone then restore all the good programs and whatever else you downloaded with your backup program.
Old 04-22-2009, 04:31 PM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

hard reset should put you back to factory condition...that way you have your baseline to know if you are having a hardware problem vice a software issue.

I would start installing "safe" apps first...before reg edits...then do the nueClock last...give yourself a few days in between each action to give you time to monitor your phone's behavior.

If it turns out that its the phone...then don't forget to hard reset...relock if you had your phone unlocked...then take it back to your carrier

Old 04-22-2009, 05:34 PM
College ROM Teacher ESQ
Pocket PC: College ROM iphony Killer
Carrier: $print

piranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to piranah

its the nueclock...had the same issue, uninstalled, reinstalled and problem went away

Help Me Help You
Old 04-22-2009, 05:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Interesting. I'll give it a shot, if that doesn't do the trick I'll follow the earlier advice. Thanks guys!
Old 04-22-2009, 08:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

sc33 is a n00b

my phone is to the point that no one can hear me with headphones or without and my power button does not respond all the time so if it dies its almost impossible to turn back on plus my keyboard don't work either

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro