PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2009, 12:55 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: US Cellular

AmDD is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
herman / raphael

what is this "herman / raphae" thing i keep reading about?
Old 04-22-2009, 12:56 PM
Google-Search&Rescue Div.
Pocket PC: MoPho CM9/ MotoACTV / GTab 10.1(I/O LE)
Carrier: PPCGeeks/XDA

MoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to MoonZ*BabysH Send a message via Skype™ to MoonZ*BabysH
Re: herman / raphael

its was the Official and code names for the HTC Touch Pro. 6850
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-22-2009, 12:59 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

AmDD is a n00b

ah, so both names refer to the same exact phone?
Old 04-22-2009, 01:00 PM
Lat
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility

Lat knows their stuffLat knows their stuffLat knows their stuffLat knows their stuffLat knows their stuffLat knows their stuff

hermann is the htc internal name for the cdma touch pro
raphael is the htc internal name for the touch pro in general (raph100 being the gsm version, raph800 being the cdma version, for example)
Old 04-22-2009, 01:01 PM
Google-Search&Rescue Div.
Pocket PC: MoPho CM9/ MotoACTV / GTab 10.1(I/O LE)
Carrier: PPCGeeks/XDA

MoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to MoonZ*BabysH Send a message via Skype™ to MoonZ*BabysH

Yup yup i beleive it was for the Herman- GSM and Raphael- CDMA but i might be wrong but yes they are both names for the same phone. the Touch Pro
Old 04-22-2009, 01:09 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

AmDD is a n00b

hm, i see. thanks for the info. will a rom from a GSM phone work on a CDMA? reason i ask is im looking for the stock rom for us cellular. i checked the stock rom sticky but USCC wasnt listed, after reading the thread on page 20 someone posted a stock rom from a "herman" i downloaded it and am now flashing. i hope this works...
Old 04-22-2009, 01:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

no a GSM ROM will not work on a CDMA device or vice versa

Old 04-22-2009, 01:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

NO, GSM rom will NOT work with a CDMA phone.

was beat while i was typing.
Old 04-22-2009, 01:28 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

AmDD is a n00b

well, it flashed and boots up with no problem. i flashed the stock radio and am now re-locking the phone. everything seems fine but i have yet to try making any calls or texts. it shows i have service and all...

EDIT: just made and received a call from it. everything seems to be working as normal, i was unable to re-lock the phone tho...

Last edited by AmDD; 04-22-2009 at 01:35 PM.
Old 04-22-2009, 01:44 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: sprint touch pro
Carrier: The Trilogy Signal Service

selders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to selders59

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmDD View Post
well, it flashed and boots up with no problem. i flashed the stock radio and am now re-locking the phone. everything seems fine but i have yet to try making any calls or texts. it shows i have service and all...

EDIT: just made and received a call from it. everything seems to be working as normal, i was unable to re-lock the phone tho...
Is your phone CDMA or GSM? Because as a rule GSM roms will not flash to CDMA phones and vice-versa.
Ephesians 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

"Remember To Click THANKS If Someone Helps"

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro