PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2009, 07:58 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

dthurman is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Smile RESOLVED: Spinning Beach Ball every 10-Minutes

I get the spinning beachball about every 10 minutes, sometimes it is quickly over other times it last longer. I would swear it is worse when doing the Internet.

I at first thought it was Active Sync w/Google Contacts and Calendar, but it still did it after disabling them.

I then thought it could be my email, but doesn't seem to be.

I am thinking it's something I have installed that is polling?

Only apps that I could even remotely think are Flexillis or nueClock, which I removed the clock app, and debating on Flexillis.

Has anyone else had this issue? If so what was the cure.

This happened to me on my first setup, I FUBAR'd my phone yesterday with the Data/Phone issue as described in here. I did a hard reset and reinstalled my apps and it is still doing it.

Also I noticed just now, even without any sync setup, Active sync is now showing up? How could that be. Is there a way to keep it turned off?

Pretty new to all this WinMo stuff.

I have been reading as much as possible, searching for answers, but I must use the wrong phrases, as I get poor results at times.

Thanks

See my last post on page 2, lucky post #13

Last edited by dthurman; 04-22-2009 at 05:54 PM. Reason: Announce resolution
Old 04-22-2009, 08:16 AM
truth mirror
Pocket PC: N Deuce

w7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuff
Re: Spinning Beach Ball every 10-Minutes

Are your programs installed on your memory card or internal memory? Leaving too many apps running at once can cause your phone to run slow.

Last edited by w7excursion; 04-22-2009 at 08:23 AM.
Old 04-22-2009, 08:50 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

I have most of the tosser apps, like Basic GPS, Google Apps, and other non-system types on my SD card. I normally am only running 1 or 2 apps at a time, unless I have been in Contacts, Calendar and Mail, then those apps show up, my processor load is never over 50% and is normally at 40%

I did notice a pattern, it starts to happen, I hit the task manager in the upper right, and ActiveSync is running? I think that is my problem, is there a way to keep that off? Is it required if everything I do is in the phone now?

I don't use ActiveSync to tether, I am on a Mac and just do the File option instead.

Thanks...
Old 04-22-2009, 09:03 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO3D
Carrier: Sprint 4g Dallas

dallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Even the Active Sync KIller app does not work. Some have gone to sttings and changed something, maybe someone will chime in. How much free memory do you have?
Old 04-22-2009, 09:09 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by dthurman View Post
I get the spinning beachball about every 10 minutes
If it is accessing something online (IE: weather update, time adjustment etc etc etc) SPB wireless monitor will tell you what is causing it.

~John
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-22-2009, 10:15 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallas contractor View Post
Even the Active Sync KIller app does not work. Some have gone to sttings and changed something, maybe someone will chime in. How much free memory do you have?
I was hoping the eLiAs_ASyncKiller.cab would be an answer bummer. May try it anyway just to be sure.

I am running at 40% memory usage

Hard memory

Program
Total 203 MB
In Use 81 MB
FREE 121 MB

Storage (Not sure what this one is?)
Total 328MB
In Use 120 MB
FREE 208 MB

My storage Card is a 2GB

I am not someone that is comfortable doing RegEdits (guess I can learn)

I quit using Adv Config because of a report it messed with the Data and Phone connection
Old 04-22-2009, 10:17 AM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

RSS Reader has an auto update scheduler. Go in and set it to manual and see if that fixes it.

Old 04-22-2009, 10:23 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post
RSS Reader has an auto update scheduler. Go in and set it to manual and see if that fixes it.
I have noticed that on start up screen, (what app is that pulling for?) I am dumb, I found the app, it wasn't setup, but I went and made sure it is on manual updates just to be safe. I turned Weather to manual and Time is off. I am going to install SPB Wireless to see what is bumping around.

My Mail wouldn't cause an issue would it? It is sent to Internet, though I have the option for Sprint. Figured they are both Data connections.

I am having some luck in the forums by searching Stop ActiveSync, but no joy yet...

I appreciate all the help so far

Last edited by dthurman; 04-22-2009 at 10:32 AM. Reason: Typing before looking :(
Old 04-22-2009, 10:34 AM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

GPS maybe?

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 04-22-2009, 10:52 AM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

when i first got my phone i noticed the same thing, but i found on my phone it was the rss reader scheduler. If yours wasn't setup then its probably something different. sorry i couldnt help more
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro