PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2009, 03:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

jdawg0024 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quick Question.

I am new to flashing the rom on my touch pro, but I flashed my phone to Mighty's 5 (April 21 2009). I love it and everything works perfectly, but I have noticed that my Signal isn't as strong as it was with the stock sprint rom. Sometimes when Im surfing the net on my phone I notice that the Ev Changes to 1X and Im not sending or receiving text messages or getting a phone call. When it changes to 1X the signal bumps up to full strength but when it goes back to Ev it drops to 1 or 2 bars (when it use to be full with Ev at my house). I am running the radio version 1.03.15F (which I believe is the stock one) I have downloaded 1.11.00F from this site. Can I flash the radio without affecting the ROM and if so do you think it will help my case.
Old 04-22-2009, 03:17 AM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx
Re: Quick Question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdawg0024 View Post
I am new to flashing the rom on my touch pro, but I flashed my phone to Mighty's 5 (April 21 2009). I love it and everything works perfectly, but I have noticed that my Signal isn't as strong as it was with the stock sprint rom. Sometimes when Im surfing the net on my phone I notice that the Ev Changes to 1X and Im not sending or receiving text messages or getting a phone call. When it changes to 1X the signal bumps up to full strength but when it goes back to Ev it drops to 1 or 2 bars (when it use to be full with Ev at my house). I am running the radio version 1.03.15F (which I believe is the stock one) I have downloaded 1.11.00F from this site. Can I flash the radio without affecting the ROM and if so do you think it will help my case.
Flashing a radio is the best way to fix this. There is not a "best" radio either, it depends where you live, etc. Flashing the radio can improve signal strength, battery life, GPS speed and signal.
If you want to flash follow my instructions!

Flash a radio!
i would suggets you use the US Cellular V1.07.06F Shipped or the Telus Radio V1.04.05V.
the spring v1.11 isnt very good as it is meant for the diamond but someone converted it for the touch pro.
First off extract the files.
Then run the ROMUpdateUtility (make sure your phone is plugged in the computer).
Then proceed through the steps (will look just like the screen for unlocking).
It will start flashing the radio, it goes very quick!
and once again DO NOT UNPLUG YOUR PHONE TILL IT SAYS FINISHED!
after you see the Successful screen hit finish and unplug your phone!
your now rocking a new radio!
UNLOCKING OR FLASHING A RADIO WILL NOT HARDRESET YOUR PHONE!
but it is advised you back it up just to be safe
Old 04-22-2009, 03:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

jdawg0024 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibmxx187 View Post
Flashing a radio is the best way to fix this. There is not a "best" radio either, it depends where you live, etc. Flashing the radio can improve signal strength, battery life, GPS speed and signal.
If you want to flash follow my instructions!

Flash a radio!
i would suggets you use the US Cellular V1.07.06F Shipped or the Telus Radio V1.04.05V.
the spring v1.11 isnt very good as it is meant for the diamond but someone converted it for the touch pro.
First off extract the files.
Then run the ROMUpdateUtility (make sure your phone is plugged in the computer).
Then proceed through the steps (will look just like the screen for unlocking).
It will start flashing the radio, it goes very quick!
and once again DO NOT UNPLUG YOUR PHONE TILL IT SAYS FINISHED!
after you see the Successful screen hit finish and unplug your phone!
your now rocking a new radio!
UNLOCKING OR FLASHING A RADIO WILL NOT HARDRESET YOUR PHONE!
but it is advised you back it up just to be safe
Thanks for the quick reply but Flashing the Radio to a US Celluar or Telus while being a Sprint Customer will not affect anything?
Old 04-22-2009, 03:26 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

Keir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to Keir333 Send a message via Yahoo to Keir333 Send a message via Skype™ to Keir333

Yes, you can flash the radio without it hard resetting your phone and screwing up your ROM. It probably couldn't hurt to try and see if it gives you a better EVDO signal. If it isn't any better, you could always just flash back to the radio you had...or try another one listed here

Hope this helped ya out, and if it did, don't forget to hit the green "Thanks" button in the lower right corner

-Keir-
Old 04-22-2009, 03:28 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

Keir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to Keir333 Send a message via Yahoo to Keir333 Send a message via Skype™ to Keir333

Quote:
Thanks for the quick reply but Flashing the Radio to a US Celluar or Telus while being a Sprint Customer will not affect anything?
Nope it won't affect anything. I'm with Alltel and I am using the Telus radio.

-Keir-
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-22-2009, 03:30 AM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

Quote:
nope you can flash ANY CDMA radio you want and it doesnt do anything, i think the telus one works best for me and seems to be the most popular here too!
the US cellular one seemed to give me better battery life also but not as good signal, which is more important for me.
if you have any other questions feel free to PM me
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro