PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2009, 03:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

nyclegend20 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Radio help

i am with sprint in NYC

i wanted to know
what other radios other users are using in the NYC area

If i flash to another radio like telus or verizon will that like change my calling.
Like will i be on roaming all the time ( roaming is free anyway)
Like what happens when you change?
Old 04-21-2009, 03:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Metro PCS

YouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to YouMayLose
Re: Radio help

no wont make you roam..wont switch your provider wont do any thing like that.. what it does do is it can increase your signal strength, it can increase your internet speeds, it can keep your phone from getting so hot and or over heating... those are about the only things it does from what I have read.

edit: and I am in Dallas,Fort Worth Texas..running the Telus radio ver. 1.04.05V.. using Juicy's rom on my sprint touch pro flashed to metro pcs as they are my provider
Old 04-21-2009, 05:53 PM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

The only thing the radio will change is your signal strength (+ or -) and your battery life!
If you want to flash a radio check this thread for all of the radios.
i suggest the Telus radio or the US Cellular radio. Telus is the best IMHO.

To flash the radio follow my simple instructions.

Flash a radio!
i would suggets you use the Telus Radio V1.04.05V.
the spring v1.11 isnt very good as it is meant for the diamond but someone converted it for the touch pro.
First off extract the files.
Then run the ROMUpdateUtility (make sure your phone is plugged in the computer).
Then proceed through the steps (will look just like the screen for unlocking or flashing a rom).
It will start flashing the radio, it goes very quick!
and once again DO NOT UNPLUG YOUR PHONE TILL IT SAYS FINISHED!
after you see the Successful screen hit finish and unplug your phone!
your now rocking a new radio!
UNLOCKING OR FLASHING A RADIO WILL NOT HARDRESET YOUR PHONE!
but it is advised you back it up just to be safe
Old 04-21-2009, 06:04 PM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

With respect to the last post...I think the radio that fits YOU best in the area where YOU are at is what you are after.

There are 2 very good and popular radios out there right now (by consensus)

Telus 1.04 and the Sprint 1.11

I've personally tried both and the difference for me was night and day. I am using Sprint 1.11. Call quality was better, signal strength was better, data up/down was better AND heat was NOT an issue.

Now, I am located in Southern California...as for you the Telus may work better. Bottom line is try them both, and see which you prefer. Better yet, try them all...and get a feel for them. Just make sure you follow the instructions on HOW to flash your radio.

Remember to unlock your phone first!!

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42503

Then go here for the radios...

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=46616

And after you get addicted to "playing" with your phone...and want to try ROMs...GO HERE...

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=43266

You'll find that custom ROMs will give you a much BIGGER BANG than what the stock ROM can and will give you.

Old 04-21-2009, 06:25 PM
Mobileunderground.info

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by amw1972 View Post
With respect to the last post...I think the radio that fits YOU best in the area where YOU are at is what you are after.

There are 2 very good and popular radios out there right now (by consensus)

Telus 1.04 and the Sprint 1.11

I've personally tried both and the difference for me was night and day. I am using Sprint 1.11. Call quality was better, signal strength was better, data up/down was better AND heat was NOT an issue.

Now, I am located in Southern California...as for you the Telus may work better. Bottom line is try them both, and see which you prefer. Better yet, try them all...and get a feel for them. Just make sure you follow the instructions on HOW to flash your radio.

Remember to unlock your phone first!!

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42503

Then go here for the radios...

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=46616

And after you get addicted to "playing" with your phone...and want to try ROMs...GO HERE...

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=43266

You'll find that custom ROMs will give you a much BIGGER BANG than what the stock ROM can and will give you.
it is all depending on your area thats why i said IMHO
but for the most part telus radio works better for the majority of people.
Old 04-21-2009, 06:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

lilbitz_1018 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlilbitz_1018 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlilbitz_1018 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlilbitz_1018 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to lilbitz_1018

cool, since you guys might know which ones work better in what areas, could you advise me as to which could possibly work best in South Florida? I'd try it myself instead but this could be an easier 1 step thing. and thanks for the instructions ibmxx187
Old 04-21-2009, 06:36 PM
Mobileunderground.info

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbitz_1018 View Post
cool, since you guys might know which ones work better in what areas, could you advise me as to which could possibly work best in South Florida? I'd try it myself instead but this could be an easier 1 step thing. and thanks for the instructions ibmxx187
I do not know what one will work best, but try those i suggested and see what one you get the best signal strength/ battery life.
flash one test it out for a day, flash another the next day test it out, keep doing this till you get the best one, but do not flash the verizon or sprint stock ones those are horrible
also radios will help out GPS signal strength
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-21-2009, 06:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

lilbitz_1018 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlilbitz_1018 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlilbitz_1018 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlilbitz_1018 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to lilbitz_1018

Thanks I'll start going down the list.
Old 04-21-2009, 09:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

nyclegend20 is just getting started

after i change the radio and i sync to activesync
i get an error like cant sync error
i hard reset and tried it again and same thing happen
anyone else having this problem
Old 04-21-2009, 10:08 PM
Mobileunderground.info

ive never had the problem,
but make sure you have enable faster data sync unchecked
go to start>settings>connections>Usb to PC> enable faster data sync
Uncheck this^^^^
if that doesnt fix it i would try reflashing the radio, try a different radio, and try reflashing your rom!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro