PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2009, 01:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint TouchPro
Carrier: Verizon

jdin6800 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to jdin6800
Unhappy Verizon data connecting but not working after suspension

sprint touch pro running on VZW, previously working 100% fine
winmo 6.5 copper (0.0.0.1 juicy+mighty) rom,
radio 1.03.15F
prl 51190(modified)

had data, calls/text, everything working before and after the copper update.
i have an unlimited data plan.

was tethering, both via usb and via WMwifirouter. spent a weekend with the family and was letting youngins sap the wifi on their ipods...

woke up this morning and data would not connect, said "SUSPENDED" as the status. I walked over to the verizon store and after the usual rigmarole about "we cant offer you tech support on a sprint phone" "i'm not looking for tech support on the phone, i want my data unsuspended." "it says your data is fine." I looked at my phone and data says "Connected"......

so I head back... Data connects but all programs that use data say that the connection isn't working. Not timeouts, but simply error right away.

Could this be related to the suspension? Should I clear my data passwords, force into CDMA, and re-write them? Hassling the tech support almost always leads immediately to "We can't offer you support on this phone." so having them clear the DMU keys or such has been an increasing pain.

Anyone have advice?
Old 04-19-2009, 04:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Alltel HTC Touch Pro

RonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Verizon data connecting but not working after suspension

Verizon's "unlimited" data is limited to 5GB, if you went over, the hard limit kicked in (if you're in a populated area). Wait until next month or remove and add Web and Email package to your plan again (worked last time I went over). Some areas have a 5GB limit, others have a 30GB limit. I'm in a 30GB area but only if I'm connected to a tower with fiber backbone, if it's got a T1 backbone and I'm over 5GB, I usually lose all EVDO connection (1X only available without EVDO) until I connect to a fiber connected tower. Areas like Seattle (I'm in the NW) I usually always get 1X if I'm over the 5GB limit, yet soon as I get back home (Bellingham) I get EVDO service again. I KNOW EVDO works in Seattle as if I'm below my 5GB limit, everything is peachy.
Old 04-19-2009, 06:50 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

jdin6800 is a n00b

That is some insight I suppose, thank you. When you hit the limit and go into 1x does it still say your data is connected but not actually transmit like mine is doing?

I went to VZW and they said my data line was clear... I also find it unlikely that I've used 5GB but I suppose it's possible. I asked a rep specifically if there is a limit on data and she said there is none.... but clearly there is.

I'll try deleting and re-adding data.
Old 04-19-2009, 07:22 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Verizon is supposed to have eliminated that 5 gig cap.

Although i don't do it very aften, there are certainly months that I know 100% I went over that & they never turned me off??

~John
Old 04-19-2009, 07:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker

RonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

The limit isn't completely gone, its in the transition phase. If the tower you're connecting to has a T1 or slower uplink, the 5GB limit applies as those towers need to serve a lot of people and Verizon doesn't want to overload it with someone who obviously uses their phone for more than a phone/business use. Majority of the towers out there are fiber connected now, these towers the limit is 30GB (no "unlimited" for Verizon). I know of this limit as I've used several phones on several accounts all over the Western USA and anytime I hit 5GB I can't get EVDO at half the locations, and if I hit 30GB I lose data completely until I call in to have them reset it.
Old 04-19-2009, 11:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Pre
Carrier: Sprint

fishfuzz is keeping up the good workfishfuzz is keeping up the good work

What's weird is that I had this same problem today on my VZW Sprint TP. My data shows connected, but when I use any application, nothing. Key shared element: I had used ICS Control (internet sharing) last night, but only to run a quick test, not to move any data...

Update: hard reset fixed it. Now downloading the ICS fix from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=728 to see if it will work on the backup I just made.

Final status: the .cab file restored all connectivity

Last edited by fishfuzz; 04-20-2009 at 01:38 AM.
Old 04-22-2009, 08:56 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

jdin6800 is a n00b

I did a hard reset as well (of the newest Juicy 6.1 rom instead of winmo 6.5) and it fixed everything. I'm doing ICsharing now, if it goes down again I'll just try that ICSharing fix. Thanks!
Old 04-22-2009, 09:07 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonDutt View Post
if I hit 30GB I lose data completely until I call in to have them reset it.
LOL, no big surprise there. WTF where you doing that you managed to use over 30 gigs of data in one month???

~John
Old 04-22-2009, 12:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Slingplayer Didn't have Internet at our new house, nor TV so I hooked the TP up to the TV and used a rental Slingplayer service I have.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro