PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2009, 10:40 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

jringo718 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quick question about a lost phone?

I lost my phone and filed for the replacement and everything and it comes Monday.

Since I am phoneless till Monday I wanted to switch back over to my old Motorola Q9C, is that possible? Will that cause complications? Will that affect my Touch Pro's TEP? Or can I just do it online and then Monday switch right back to the new Touch Pro when it arrives?
Old 04-18-2009, 10:55 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Let the EVO-lution Begin!!

southphillysean knows their stuffsouthphillysean knows their stuffsouthphillysean knows their stuffsouthphillysean knows their stuffsouthphillysean knows their stuffsouthphillysean knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to southphillysean Send a message via Yahoo to southphillysean
Re: Quick question about a lost phone?

losing your phone is never fun. if you want to reactivate your old phone then go ahead, but expect some problems when you go and switch back to the TP. there is always something that the phone carriers forget to do when switching phones, or you can do without until monday. i would hate that myself.
Old 04-18-2009, 11:14 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

00gt1 is keeping up the good work00gt1 is keeping up the good work
Re: Quick question about a lost phone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jringo718 View Post
I lost my phone and filed for the replacement and everything and it comes Monday.

Since I am phoneless till Monday I wanted to switch back over to my old Motorola Q9C, is that possible? Will that cause complications? Will that affect my Touch Pro's TEP? Or can I just do it online and then Monday switch right back to the new Touch Pro when it arrives?
You will be fine. It's done all the time, just make sure that you tell the Rep you are dealing with that you are switching it as a temp thing. The issue with doing so comes in when people switch their phones before filing a claim. At that point asurion will send whatever device is active on the account as that is the device that is covered. You can sit there all day long switching devices and that TEP will stay there... just don't abuse it or people will notice. Tell the rep to note your account and you will be fine.

If you need help... just ask... my PM box is always open

Don't forget to hit the

Yes i'm a sprint employee... no you cant have sero access.... unless you're REALLY nice!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro