PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2009, 04:14 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Nexus S - E3GT - Epic 3G
Carrier: SERO $30

quick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
PIE vs Internet Explorer vs Internet Explorer 6 vs D:

What are all the releases of Internet Explorer for WM6.0 and above?

More importantly, which version comes in WM6.5 roms and can it be used on a WM6.1 rom? The one that allows zooming and the small preview screen on the bottom right.

I enjoyed using PIE for the past 2-3 months, but the recent testing of various roms has me liking the newest IE (6.x??) because it handles single column pages great, as well as the larger pages. The version between those too doesn't work well for me because the text is too small (requiring MSHTML=0 to render it "PIE" essentially).

Thanks!
Old 04-17-2009, 04:16 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint

tms78 is a n00b
Re: PIE vs Internet Explorer vs Internet Explorer 6 vs D:

the new IE renders pages better, but the older one is LIGHT YEARS faster...the difference is almost as big as when you compare Opera Mobile to PIE.
Old 04-17-2009, 04:18 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2!

pastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I'm running the newest CFAY ROM and it comes with IE. I wouldn't have a problem with it if the text wasn't so small.
Old 04-17-2009, 04:20 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

quick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastert33 View Post
I'm running the newest CFAY ROM and it comes with IE. I wouldn't have a problem with it if the text wasn't so small.
My main Touch Pro is using that rom. The fix for your problem, as well as mine, is as follows:

HTLM / Security / Internet Explorer / MSHTML = 0

Now what is the commonly used name for the newest version of IE found in WM6.5?
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-17-2009, 04:24 PM
The GrooGrux King
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

MadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to MadlyAlive

Quote:
Originally Posted by quick99si View Post
My main Touch Pro is using that rom. The fix for your problem, as well as mine, is as follows:

HTLM / Security / Internet Explorer / MSHTML = 0

Now what is the commonly used name for the newest version of IE found in WM6.5?
What type of value is it supposed to be? DWORD?

Old 04-17-2009, 04:28 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadlyAlive View Post
What type of value is it supposed to be? DWORD?
You should already have a DWORD value of 1 there if you're on CFAY's rom. Change it to 0, or make a new DWORD "MSHTML" and set it to 0.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-17-2009, 04:28 PM
The GrooGrux King
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

MadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to MadlyAlive

Quote:
Originally Posted by quick99si View Post
You should already have a DWORD value of 1 there if you're on EFAY's rom. Change it to 0, or make a new DWORD "MSHTML" and set it to 0.
I'm not on his ROM, but I have the same issue as you guys. I'll create it and see what happens
Old 04-17-2009, 04:30 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadlyAlive View Post
I'm not on his ROM, but I have the same issue as you guys. I'll create it and see what happens
Should work if you have IE. No soft-reset was necessary in my case, though I'd make sure IE is not running before changing the registry entry.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-17-2009, 04:58 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

So can the newest version of IE be installed on a 6.1 rom?
Old 04-17-2009, 05:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TouchPro

lilgrass71 is a n00b

hey theres this program that lets you switch between the old PIE and the IE6.0. it's in technology1's post under section 8. works great to me i can use the oni feel is better needed.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=59820
8. PIE/IE6 Toggle Swicth download is here http://www.mediafire.com/?mzdcwnaxxf2.... This software is needed if you have the Copper ROM Image or other 6.5 ROM on your TP/Diamond. this software will let you toggle between PIE/IE6, it's needed in order to use the FlashvideoBundle.cab with 6.5 ROM Images, just toggle you web browser back to PIE.....

let me add that maybe it only works if u have the new PIE on ur machine as i dont think it will add the new PIE to roms with build less that 21000. i think the new PIE is included in any rom 21000 + no matter if its 6.1 or 6.5

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro