PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2009, 01:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Metro PCS

YouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to YouMayLose
Any idea on cab file organization?

lol I have a whole folder full of cab files and i be damn if I dont remember what most of them are/were for lol.. how do you guys keep track of what cab does what? I mean beyond the obviously named ones.
Old 04-17-2009, 04:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2 @_@
Carrier: Sprint

johnnyeoneal is keeping up the good workjohnnyeoneal is keeping up the good work
Re: Any idea on cab file organization?

I have several gigs of just Cabs that I've collected from here and SPJ and HTC geeks and freeware ppc etc, I use sub folders. I'm sure there is a better way as well, but haven't found it just yet. So on my SD card, I have a folder named "CABS" and withing that folder I have it organized in sections and categories like TF3D tweeks, Dialers, Apps, Visual Tweeks, Flash, Themes, etc. I have prolly 100 folders and sub-folders, but it works for me. ALSO, try naming the folders so that you know exactly what it is. That is critical because otherwise in a month when you go looking thru all your folders you wont remember whats what. So.... SUB-folders, and RENAME. Hope this helps!

If anyone has helped you, please don't forget the thanks button. I work at Sprint so if there is anything I can do or info I can give contribute to this site please feel free.

=D>

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-17-2009, 04:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro Sprint->Verizon
Carrier: Verizon

sudermatt is keeping up the good worksudermatt is keeping up the good work

My apologies, in advance, for the shameless plug.

If you're looking for a place to keep track of what's useful and what's not, then you could use http://themobilityexperts.com

There's a list called User Program Notes which is designed for this very purpose.

You can record where you got it, version numbers, type of program, whether you're using it currently or not...as well as a place to record your notes....
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-17-2009, 04:39 PM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

folders,sub folders, sub-sub folders, etc. Or ill rename the cab file.

"I pity tha fool... that don't press !"
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 04-17-2009, 04:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond and TP

Shin_Akuma26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularShin_Akuma26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularShin_Akuma26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularShin_Akuma26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularShin_Akuma26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Thumbs up Re: Any idea on cab file organization?

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyeoneal View Post
I have several gigs of just Cabs that I've collected from here and SPJ and HTC geeks and freeware ppc etc, I use sub folders. I'm sure there is a better way as well, but haven't found it just yet. So on my SD card, I have a folder named "CABS" and withing that folder I have it organized in sections and categories like TF3D tweeks, Dialers, Apps, Visual Tweeks, Flash, Themes, etc. I have prolly 100 folders and sub-folders, but it works for me. ALSO, try naming the folders so that you know exactly what it is. That is critical because otherwise in a month when you go looking thru all your folders you wont remember whats what. So.... SUB-folders, and RENAME. Hope this helps!
I have the same thing in my phone and it works like a charm. Just create some sub folders and rename the cab files as you get them and their function, and you are set for good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudermatt View Post
My apologies, in advance, for the shameless plug.

If you're looking for a place to keep track of what's useful and what's not, then you could use http://themobilityexperts.com

There's a list called User Program Notes which is designed for this very purpose.

You can record where you got it, version numbers, type of program, whether you're using it currently or not...as well as a place to record your notes....
Ummm on this one I will go fifty fifty (). I prefer the other way I think it is better and much easier to browse when needed.
Old 04-17-2009, 05:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

YouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuff

I'm a dope..never thought to rename the cab file lol.. I think I just assumed its name was stuck and couldnt be changed..and never even tried to rename it...I like that but my biggest problem is there are some cabs that say for example sdkcerts cab.. well I no I need this cab to instal mike&rico's blue layout cab..but in a cpl months i would forget and end up searching lol... guess there really isnt a true great way just gotta find some thing that works ... now I'm gonna spend a cpl hours making sub and sub sub folders lmao thanks button pushed for all
Old 04-17-2009, 05:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond and TP

Shin_Akuma26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularShin_Akuma26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularShin_Akuma26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularShin_Akuma26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularShin_Akuma26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Thumbs up Re: Any idea on cab file organization?

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouMayLose View Post
I'm a dope..never thought to rename the cab file lol.. I think I just assumed its name was stuck and couldnt be changed..and never even tried to rename it...I like that but my biggest problem is there are some cabs that say for example sdkcerts cab.. well I no I need this cab to instal mike&rico's blue layout cab..but in a cpl months i would forget and end up searching lol... guess there really isnt a true great way just gotta find some thing that works ... now I'm gonna spend a cpl hours making sub and sub sub folders lmao thanks button pushed for all
That's when the sub-folders come to play, rename the cab file to your like and then create a sub-folder for all your taskbars tweaks for example.

That was my suggestion... go for it bro!
Old 04-17-2009, 05:12 PM
Socrates Philosophy
Pocket PC: Evo3D

GhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuff

you can always throw them up on the ppc repository found in my signature...

i am linking directly to the authors site if possible, if not then a post/thread where published.

that way we have an easy way to find the latest version if it's still being maintained and if not we can download directly from the site!

Make sure you donate to those who spend countless hours improving your PPC/android experience!
Old 04-17-2009, 05:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

I got you.. so as an example.. make layout blue>sdkcerts>mike&rico bluelayout... that way i can remember i need to use certs first then install layout..hmm that may work.. and can also put all the colors in the 3rd subfolder.. woot this might work ..
Old 04-17-2009, 05:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro2/Touch Pro/Diamond

Atomic2Mod is keeping up the good workAtomic2Mod is keeping up the good work

I have the ones I use and re-install on the sd card. On the computer, I have folders named with sub folders, but I also started including a shortcut to the xda site or dev site where I downloaded it or where a discusion / development is going on.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro