PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2009, 01:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

derynhaze is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Can't delete or install

Hey guys. I have 2 problems.

Whenever I try to install a cab file, whether on storage card or main memory, it automatically goes to an "unsuccessful" screen. It doesn't even try, it seems.

Also, when I want to delete something, whether on my storage card or main memory, it won't let me delete. I even created a new folder to delete and now it's stuck on there. It's only been happening for the last 3 days.

Anyone else have/had this problem and how did you fix it... if you did?

-Deryn
Old 04-17-2009, 03:20 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro with custom ROMs'
Carrier: Sprint for the service & PPCGeeks for the device

meanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuff
Re: Can't delete or install

What did you do/happen before this started happening?

Have you tried a soft/hard reset?

P
ressing
will get you far, so PLEASE press it often!!!

Old 04-17-2009, 03:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Intrepid
Carrier: The Now Network

rafyrod is keeping up the good workrafyrod is keeping up the good workrafyrod is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to rafyrod

Quote:
Originally Posted by derynhaze View Post
Hey guys. I have 2 problems.

Whenever I try to install a cab file, whether on storage card or main memory, it automatically goes to an "unsuccessful" screen. It doesn't even try, it seems.

Also, when I want to delete something, whether on my storage card or main memory, it won't let me delete. I even created a new folder to delete and now it's stuck on there. It's only been happening for the last 3 days.

Anyone else have/had this problem and how did you fix it... if you did?

-Deryn
to delete a file in the storage card, make sure tha program is not running in the backgroud or otherwise it wont let you delete because is been use.
it has happen to tme before....

and the cab file installation being unsuccessfull, i'm trying to figure it out too. hope this help
Old 04-18-2009, 05:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

juicemega is a n00b

this happened to me as well. i brought it to a sprint tech, and they just had to hard reset it. wasnt able to save my contacts, which was a pain in the ***. i got it back a couple hours ago, and after installing some apps it's acting crazy again. i'm not really sure what the exact cause is. i suspect an app called "twitkini", but that's probably wrong, and i don't want to cause problems for the developer. looks like i'm going to have to head back to the sprint store this evening.
Old 04-18-2009, 10:45 PM
Very Important Person
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

ruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

do a hard reset and start installing applications one by one to see which one causes a problem

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro