PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2009, 03:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

difrent7 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to difrent7 Send a message via MSN to difrent7
help a brotha out

hey guys i need some help i have a TP on metropcs with juicy 4.10 (had it flashed at a local store). Recent my TP has been giving me some problems first the powerkey on top isn't always turning my screen off and on.. sometimes the only way to get my screen on is by sliding it open. This is a issue but not really a big deal but my second concern is major. It seems as if my mic piece is broken all of a sudden. i havent dropped the phone or had water damange. The microphone doesn't work in phone calls or in voice recorder. I don't know what to do, any tips or advice is greatly appreciated
Old 04-17-2009, 03:56 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: help a brotha out

take it to the store that flashed it, sounds like you need a new one. sounds like a hardware issue.
Old 04-17-2009, 08:53 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

gimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to gimme5

Yeah, gotta take it back. You could always try a hard reset, but I wouldn't put my hopes up...

Also, just to point out the obvious: Hard resets and device exchanges are no big deal if you make a backup

MobileSpeedtest.com (yes, that's my site)
Old 04-17-2009, 09:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

kayfouroh is keeping up the good workkayfouroh is keeping up the good work

You had a store flash your phone for you?

With all of the documentation on this site and xda-dev?

Old 04-17-2009, 10:21 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero, Touch Pro

boredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I'd try the hard-reset like gimme5 said. Backup up your contacts and anything else important to you first. What kinda store did you take it to to have them flash Mighty 4.10 on it? If you are going to return the phone to your carrier for repair or replacement you are going to need to flash back to a stock rom.
Old 04-17-2009, 12:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Threadstarter

difrent7 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to difrent7 Send a message via MSN to difrent7

I took it to a cell phone unlocking place. Today i took it to another place that repairs phones they said it looks hardware related so i am going to try to mess around with it and see what i can do. Thanks for the help
Old 04-17-2009, 04:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2 @_@

johnnyeoneal is keeping up the good workjohnnyeoneal is keeping up the good work
Thumbs up Re: help a brotha out

Yeah I manage a Service Center for Sprint, and it def sounds like it's hardware relaeted. I am also familiar with Metro, and once they flash the phone for their use, you are pretty much screwed. They do not offer insurance, they are pretty much as is. Sprint won't fix it because it's not attached to an account and it's been flashed for Metro. So, good luck to ya, and if you have any other questions just let me know if I can help, pm me or whatever. Peace

If anyone has helped you, please don't forget the thanks button. I work at Sprint so if there is anything I can do or info I can give contribute to this site please feel free.

=D>

Old 04-17-2009, 04:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond and TP

Shin_Akuma26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularShin_Akuma26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularShin_Akuma26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularShin_Akuma26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularShin_Akuma26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Exclamation Re: help a brotha out

Man that sucks instead of helping you out they ended up messing you up. Take the phone back to them and tell them what the issue is ... worst come to worst return it and go to a sprint store or a Best Buy Mobile store ... they both know how to do things better.
Old 04-17-2009, 05:03 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shin_Akuma26 View Post
Man that sucks instead of helping you out they ended up messing you up. Take the phone back to them and tell them what the issue is ... worst come to worst return it and go to a sprint store or a Best Buy Mobile store ... they both know how to do things better.
How is he going to return the phone? He didn't buy it from metro since they don't actually sell the touch pro, he bought somewhere else and just had it flashed to metro. In a case like this he is totally screwed, maybe contacting htc directly might help, I don't know, but as far as metro goes or anyone else for that matter, really can't do anything for him.

Old 04-17-2009, 05:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero, Touch Pro

boredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Should have a 1 year manufacturer's warranty through HTC if i'm not mistaken

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro